Overusing the Tilder Key :(

Machina234

I admit to using God Mode, but only when I wish to lug a bunch of goods back to my house. Overencumbered sucks, and making umpteen trips is just ridiculous.

I know, right? I'm gonna make a bunch of trips anyway, either that or walk the entire way, why waste all that time?

• 2 weeks later...

1: Use an Xbox controller, which disables the keyboard (and tilde key). You have to go into the menu to disable the controller in order to access the console.

2: Use a screwdriver and pop that key off your keyboard. You probably never use that key for anything else (I sure don't!).

3: As stated, willpower and discipline, which are frankly good skills to have IRL. :wink:

I have a good "treatment" in helping you break the habit of using the console. Use an Xbox controller or any other USB based peripheral. After a while, you'll start getting used to playing the game regularly even if you drop back to Keyboard and Mouse. You'll simply forget about it. I used one for the longest time then decided to go back and the only time I ever think about the console is when an NPC is stuck, companion acting stupid, or I get myself stuck between a rock (and a hard place XD). Those are pretty much the only times I ever think about using it.

lol I had the same problem in all Bethesda games that use TGM/TCL/Kill/Unlock. I set rules for myself and I only use TGM when I am in dungeon and have a trillion tons of loot to take out. Like that one dude said making umpteen trips to get loot out of a dungeon is ridiculous. So I kind of don't see that as cheating, more like saving a crapton of time so I can get back to the game. I do however when I am bored and am near the end of my session I will TGM and just massacre a town. Like in Fallout 3, TGM with the Fat Man=FUN!

OH!!!! I just remembered there is a way to deactivate the ~ key without breaking your keyboard or using a gamepad :(!!! I remember when I got my pc running I had to uninstall a driver for a HID compliant mouse or something like that in the Device Manager because the ~ key would not work in any game including oblivion. I will see if I can remember it more in detail and let you know.

Edited by Opi19

Use Lydia, as she just loves to carry your burdens. THen get the 2 ear ring mods, the circlett with helm mod, the lip rings, nose rings, ear cuffs, tail and kajiit ears. plust the normal spaces and you have 16 locations you can enchant with 40 extra carry units each. She'll be able to carry enough food to sustain herself for weeks. ;)

THen if you use the follower mod, it makes them a pack mule and carry 1000 units. Total, your dear, and ever so sweet, house sitter can carry almost 2000 units of your burdens. counting your few palty items you decide to adorn yourself with, just short of 2500 units of stolen, obsconded, pilfered, waylayed, blackmaled, imbezzled, laundered, murdered for, robed for, and on the rare occasion, earned...that you may transport.

By the way, that 2000 units could be PER NPC you have under one of the NPC mods. You can make them wait somewhere and use the mod command to summon them when you are finished with the dungeon (thing), load them all up and tell them to go home (asign them a spot in front of your favorite shop as home). They are already tagged as essential so they just walk home loaded to the dimples with all your most recently collected artifacts. THen you can keep going on your merry way and sell all your "trinkets, odds and ends, and that sort of thing" when you are just about done playing for the day.

If you have a stack of something, like say 20,000 pieces of iron ore in a stack. You can pick it up like moving it, keep your finger on your select button and carry it weightless (hanging in front of you) as long as you dont go over extremely bumpy terrain. If you do, It then will drop and usually falls through the mesh and hangs there or hits and slides about 2 miles because of the game physics. It works with any stacked items of 6 or more.

Ok I found it. It had something to do with the infrared driver. I assume you have windows (win7). If you do you will need to go the M$ site and download infrared driver. Install it and then the ~ key won't work ingame anymore. Google infrared driver and ~. Of course the topics you will find are actually to get the ~ working. So you just have to reverse the procedure and it should work. Also when you want to use the key again you will have to uninstall the IR driver and reboot. So you really can't use the ~ key in moments of desperation.