MORROWIND is still number 1 in my opinion

Deleted54170User

*O^O* Finishing a video game like Morrowind is like trying to stop a child from growing. I did not say trying to stop a child from maturing mentally. Morrowind has some story links that when I followed them I found real books which gave my mind a condition which drew me back to the game to learn more. :- ) Shoot em' ups don't offer much in that department. (0_-) Bang!

Is it just me or do any of you recall having learning experiences while playing the game which you got from reading the in game books and getting those informational tidbits as we leveled up?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep... As much as I love Oblivion (my first open world game), Morrowind has a lot more depth and lore. Combat and freedom of movement is important as well, ofc, and Oblivion's combat and movement is way better than Morrowind's. That said, with a few mods, Morrowind owns in just about every way. Unfortunately, I can't get a stable install! It seems like it either runs at 17 fps or trees flicker and disappear. :( Edited by Rennn

I'm one of the few that prefered Morrowinds Combat, Morrowinds combat was about character skill as most RPGs used to be, Oblivions was player skill. What Morrowind badly needed was a "miss" animation or anything that at least told the player they'd missed rather than it looking like dodgy collision.

While trying to get Morrowind to work well on my clunky computer I searched for many hours looking for help.

I found one of the most amazing thing's, "The Forum's".

Morrowind reignited the desire to live and learn.

People were so determined to get the best game monitor resolution and frame rate working on their own machines they discovered each other.

I kept putting my mind to work looking for a way to be helpful in the coding, the mod craft, or some part of if all. I burned up HDD's, I ruined CPU's, Mobo's, and many chips of RAM looking for a piece of the puzzle I would understand.

Then I could add a little help to all of what they other people gave so I could link another part to work for everyone interested in the game.

I persisted. I failed over and over, and over. In the process I gathered instruction's though. I learned how to tweak everything.

I began gathering one mod after another that made the images grow more and more realistic and filled another HDD until I over loaded it. ) -'; So I started again.

The people I tried to get interrelated with shared the tweaks they had learned and inspired more people to achieve skills too.

Many times I found what I was looking for because their stuff was even better then the last person who they were sharing their data with for Morrowind's potential.

The best things that Morrowind taught me is to keep searching for ways to resolve the problem.

Because I typed the questions words I had in so many different ways I saw people's post's that would never would have seen.

I learned how determined they were to get the best out of the game, just as my own determination keeps me focused on getting the best out of life that I can.

With my own determination and the bits of wisdom I found matching the books I had gathered over the years I saw life in Morrowind giving those books new meaning.

I was inspired to learn more, meet more people online, and share idea's. If only I had, had even the slightest addition of knowledge, minor or great, to add to the rest of those peoples discoveries to add of my own here Morrowind would have been better.

Even if I could have added just a little bit of idealism that would have inspired someone who already fully understood coding or modding so they got a good idea giving them a charge which gave them the determination to find a way to make the computers functions better that would have been great too.

Finally I got to play Morrowind all the way through after 11 computer's I got and built most from used salvage. I bought parts anywhere I could find them.

I built and lost their electronic lives for my cause trying to mod, trying to build something that would give others playing Morrowind some delight playing the game.

Morrowind is a story that made me realize how all the real life experiences I already had measured up.

I had heard others getting advice while I was near by, but did not feel it was meant for me.

It was brought to life again when I read it in a script window giving me advice about working as a Blade.

"If a job seems too hard go do something else until you get smarter, stronger, you learn better skill's, and get better equipment. 'The Blade Master'."

I burned up HDD's, I ruined CPU's, Mobo's, and many chips of RAM looking for a piece of the puzzle I would understand.

Then I could add a little help to all of what they other people gave so I could link another part to work for everyone interested in the game.

I persisted. I failed over and over, and over. In the process I gathered instruction's though. I learned how to tweak everything.

I began gathering one mod after another that made the images grow more and more realistic and filled another HDD until I over loaded it. ) -'; So I started again.

Not to detract from an inspirational story, but if you ruined computers trying to mod Morrowind you were seriously doing something wrong.

I burned up HDD's, I ruined CPU's, Mobo's, and many chips of RAM looking for a piece of the puzzle I would understand.

Not to detract from an inspirational story, but if you ruined computers trying to mod Morrowind you were seriously doing something wrong.

Yes I wasn't smart enough to get computers parts that were compatible and companies were making their software unique for their own devices and at first I was not aware that one companies software would not work with another's..

Yes I wasn't smart enough to get computers parts that were compatible and companies were making their software unique for their own devices and at first I was not aware that one companies software would not work with another's..

Ah, that makes sense then.

Edited by Rennn

I'm one of the few that prefered Morrowinds Combat, Morrowinds combat was about character skill as most RPGs used to be, Oblivions was player skill. What Morrowind badly needed was a "miss" animation or anything that at least told the player they'd missed rather than it looking like dodgy collision.

You're not the only one. I can't remember how many people have said the combat was either "too hard" or "too clunky" in Morrowind. You needed some skill to get a hit right in it, no mashing of the left click. Loved it.

Sadly, I don't think Bethesda will never make an Elder Scrolls game like Morrowind again. It's "too hard" by today's standards...