Mod authors: Ordering your images

Dark0ne

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check you don't have a browser plugin/anti-virus/firewall/secrutiy software like noscript blocking the script. The script uses AJAX to instantly update your choices without needing to reload the page. If your browser blocks that script, it won't work.

Tested your file on default installs of IE, FF and Chrome and it all worked. You'll notice your image order has changed :psyduck:

Thanks for your quick reply, Dark0ne.

In short terms: it works now! :)

Strangely, however, I couldn't fully understand why: Usually, AJAX based websites work fine in my browser, so I didn't think about checking for any blocking add-ons (I don't use noscript, as it has been causing many problems like this for me). Then I found out that I actually had the "Symantec Intrusion Prevention" plugin installed on my current machine. Sorry for not being aware. But it doesn't seem to make any difference whether I disable or enable it. Image reordering works fine now in any case.

In other words: Don't know what was causing it, but the issue isn't reproducible. Hence I consider it solved.

I didn't say to change Hotfiles but to change the system how are selected because is broken and so many are complaining about it .

It's not broken. The hot files show the most endorsed files of the past week on Skyrim Nexus, the past fortnight on Oblivion Nexus (and I think maybe FNV, FO3 and DA), and the past 28 days on all the other Nexus sites. That's working exactly as intended.

Yes is not broken but not working well in the sense that the endorsement system and time to endorse and so on is not well tuned to represent correctly "hot"Files a lot of mods are much better than what's showcased but since are working noone goes back to endorse , so usually a lot of the "most endorsed" get as such couse of updates or other small tricks ( of course with the dued exceptions ) ... this is not a critique but the system needs a review even because it shows almoust always the same things and doesn't allow much of new mods to get a showcase chance ...

Also is not possible to browse the "hot files" by category ... what if someone is not interested in the 100th retexture or erotic variation but wants an other type of mod ? Is not possible to look hot files among categories ..

even bbrowsing is not easy accessible and easy to find , for not talking of the search system that usually doesn't retrieves what you are looking for , pushing people to use google , type in mod name and nexus to find the actual page ...

also if you look to the top 100 it always shows up the same with some minimum variance and the most endorsed ones are the ones that made up for the hot spot main page so getting more endorsements because of that ...

the result is a system that does shows always the same stuff with very few variations ...

the only way to spot some new files is to use the last 2 weeks most endorsed , but also there we still find the same kind of mods that got on hot files befoure others and so rise up the line and to find other mods you need to dig deep ...

Finally some files even when they get to reach the hot files spot in mainpage , since they reached perhaps too late can last there just a few hours while others that got endorsed more in the beginning , get there even over a week leaving no space for others ...

The system needs a deep Review imho and o'sho

A simple filter for hot spot like Most endorsed by category would probably help already a lot ...

Edited by PROMETHEUS_ts