You’re just a an unimportant piece of some game *Contains major spoile

suger88

WRONG! just walk into Markarth go to the market and a quest is forced on you, or just walk in the wrong street in Windhelm or .just walk past some people killing a giant in a field.

-The companions killing a giant in the field doesnt add a quest to our journal until you CHOOSE to help them and talk to Aela

-Walking in the streets of windheld does not add a quest to your journal until you choose to walk over to the guard and talk to him about the dead body

-Walking into the market in Markarth does not add a quest into your journal until you choose to talk to the vigilant guy, and choose to talk to the guy who starts the forsown conspiracy quest.

Please try again, because all of the quests you mentioned only start when you talk to someone, not when you just pass by them.

Be that as it may the point is once you finish the first part of a quest chain the next part is forced onto you (90% of the time) also many many players start quest chains with no intention of finishing them. It's also not strange to want to be able to destroy the DB or TG after joining it, after all the best way to destroy an organization is from the inside right?

People who dont want to ride horses, or use fast travel, shouldn't ride or horses or use travel then. If you dont want to do a quest chain, you shouldn't do it.

No, it makes perfect sense that you cannot destroy a guild once you join it. Joining a guild shows acceptance of what that guild does, you're given a chance to destory it beofre hand, if you dont likethe actions of that guild, then destroy them when you have the chance.

You never moded Oblivion did you? There are mods that delay the main quest so you can in a way turn down the main quest in fact ive seen people asking for mods that remove the main quest and even a mod that lets you fail the main quest (it's only a WIP tho) so asking to turn down the main quest is not all that absurd or illogical.

And last but not lest a quest must have more then one end or more then one way to finish it for it to be none liner, the choice to do it or not is completely irrelevant.

mods are not the vanilla game, your point is irrelevant because we never were discussion mods.

Also, there are people who ask for the removal of fast travel, simply because its in the game. If you dont want to do the MQ, then dont do it, if you dont want to fast travel, then dont do it. asking for it to be removed/delays is not only selfish, but it is petty.

Edited by sajuukkhar9000

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You never moded Oblivion did you? There are mods that delay the main quest so you can in a way turn down the main quest in fact ive seen people asking for mods that remove the main quest and even a mod that lets you fail the main quest (it's only a WIP tho) so asking to turn down the main quest is not all that absurd or illogical.

I agree with Sajuukkar here... Mods are irrelivent. I can make a mod where i get to drive a Porche instead of riding a horse, doesn't mean they exist in the universe. Only the vanilla game matters, mods mean absolutely jack.

I agree with Sajuukkar here... Mods are irrelivent. I can make a mod where i get to drive a Porche instead of riding a horse, doesn't mean they exist in the universe. Only the vanilla game matters, mods mean absolutely jack.

Except when they expand on lore already relevant to TES universe of course.

Their still irrelivent, because whether they are lore friendly or not, they are not canon. Even then, the gameplay limitations we have to put up with make it so the specifics of the game aren't nessessarily cannon. The Dragonborn didn't nessessarily return the Skeleton Key anymore than the CoC defeated the Blackwood company.

WRONG! just walk into Markarth go to the market and a quest is forced on you, or just walk in the wrong street in Windhelm or .just walk past some people killing a giant in a field.

-The companions killing a giant in the field doesnt add a quest to our journal until you CHOOSE to help them and talk to Aela

-Walking in the streets of windheld does not add a quest to your journal until you choose to walk over to the guard and talk to him about the dead body

-Walking into the market in Markarth does not add a quest into your journal until you choose to talk to the vigilant guy, and choose to talk to the guy who starts the forsown conspiracy quest.

Please try again, because all of the quests you mentioned only start when you talk to someone, not when you just pass by them.

Be that as it may the point is once you finish the first part of a quest chain the next part is forced onto you (90% of the time) also many many players start quest chains with no intention of finishing them. It's also not strange to want to be able to destroy the DB or TG after joining it, after all the best way to destroy an organization is from the inside right?

People who dont want to ride horses, or use fast travel, shouldn't ride or horses or use travel then. If you dont want to do a quest chain, you shouldn't do it.

No, it makes perfect sense that you cannot destroy a guild once you join it. Joining a guild shows acceptance of what that guild does, you're given a chance to destory it beofre hand, if you dont likethe actions of that guild, then destroy them when you have the chance.

And last but not lest a quest must have more then one end or more then one way to finish it for it to be none liner, the choice to do it or not is completely irrelevant.

mods are not the vanilla game, your point is irrelevant because we never were discussion mods.

Also, there are people who ask for the removal of fast travel, simply because its in the game. If you dont want to do the MQ, then dont do it, if you dont want to fast travel, then dont do it. asking for it to be removed/delays is not only selfish, but it is petty.

Not THAT is FUNNY.

We quite obviously have some philosophical differences as to what constitutes "choice", and I can see that you are very set in your views. That's fine. You think the game offers you a 'choice', I do not. You aren't going to convince me, I am not going to convince you. Further debate is pointless, so, I am out.....

@sajuukkhar9000 It seems I am wasting my time with this as as you missed every point I was making. The quests I was talking about are the companion guild quest, Innocence Lost and The Forsworn Conspiracy.

No, it makes perfect sense that you can destroy a guild once you join it. Look at real life some of the greatest organizations where destroyed from the inside ether by traitors or by people that joined them only to destroy them. In fact just look at the Dawnguard main quest it's a vampire that helps you destroy Harkon. Also in case you never know people join guilds/organizations and then quite them all the time in real life.

That was not the point my point was that lots of people want main quest removers/delayers and they where able to add them to Oblivion in ways that did not clash with the lore or feel of the game therefor it is clearly something people want and is not all that hard to do.

And you can call asking for more options (MQ delayers/alternatives) selfish and petty, but the fact is If players never asked for more and never wanted more we would still be playing tetris. Also Skyrim is a million dollar modern game that always boated "You don't even need to do the main quest". So it would be perfectly sense able for there to be MQ delayers/alternatives.

But in the end I'm just wasting my time here because nothing in this world would change your mind and I'm not changing mine so this is pointless at best.

snip

And again, you are 100% wrong.

-The companions guild quests only start IF YOU TALK TO AELA. Seeing Aela, and the companions, fight that giant on the farm does NOT, repeat, DOES NOT, just add a quest into your log. It is only added if you talk to her, which you do not have to do.

-Innocence lost, AGAIN, only gets added to your quest log if you talk to a bartender about rumors.

-the forswon conspiracy quest, AGAIN, ONLY GETS ADDED IF YOU TALK TO THAT GUY, and you can avoid him.

That is real life, this is a game, having to program every single possible point in which you could betray a guild would take to long to realistically program. The canceling of quests, the alteration of scripts, and countless other coding problems make it unrealistic. Any and all points in which you can betray a guild have to be pre-planned for coding reasons.

Delaying the MQ is nonsensical, delaying quests in general is nonessential, just because it can be done doesn't mean it should be added. Also, why do hey need to delay the MQ when you can just not do it?

Again, why should Bethesda remove fast travel just because you dont want to use it? You dont have to do it, and thus, it shouldn't bother you. Your argument is nonsensical because you are asking for delays on things that you dont have to do to being with.

Edited by sajuukkhar9000

snip

And again, you are 100% wrong.

-The companions guild quests only start IF YOU TALK TO AELA. Seeing Aela, and the companions, fight that giant on the farm does NOT, repeat, DOES NOT, just add a quest into your log. It is only added if you talk to her, which you do not have to do.

-Innocence lost, AGAIN, only gets added to your quest log if you talk to a bartender about rumors.

-the forswon conspiracy quest, AGAIN, ONLY GETS ADDED IF YOU TALK TO THAT GUY, and you can avoid him.

That is real life, this is a game, having to program every single possible point in which you could betray a guild would take to long to realistically program. The canceling of quests, the alteration of scripts, and countless other coding problems make it unrealistic. Any and all points in which you can betray a guild have to be pre-planned for coding reasons.

Delaying the MQ is nonsensical, delaying quests in general is nonessential, just because it can be done doesn't mean it should be added. Also, why do hey need to delay the MQ when you can just not do it?

Again, why should Bethesda remove fast travel just because you dont want to use it? You dont have to do it, and thus, it shouldn't bother you. Your argument is nonsensical because you are asking for delays on things that you dont have to do to being with.

You a programmer by any chance? I find it amusing that you think this "unrealistic", even though it has already been done for Oblivion......

I am going to assign you to the "beth fan-boy" section of my user list, which also happens to be my ignore list....... Have a nice day.