Things We All Wish Bethesda Would Learn

Deleted472477User

I wish Bethesda would learn that the creation engine is not god, and it can not compete with modern engines.

I also wish they would learn that real forests are about 40% trees and 60% large bushes, weeds, and rocks, not 90% trees and 10% grass.

I wish Bethesda would learn that M ratings allow for nudity, profanity, gore, and some sexual content instead of just "THOR'S BEARD!" (Though this is probably more on the ESRB)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-Bethesda should stick to Elder Scrolls and Fallout games, with the possible exception of reviving the Terminator series of games (Future Shock, Skynet, etc..., and assuming they stick with the original Terminator 1-2 theme). Other games that they only published, from what I've watched/read/heard, range from average/ok/mediocre (ie. Rage, Dishonored, etc...) to outright terrible (ie. Brink, Rogue Warrior, etc...). Elder Scrolls and Fallout are what Bethesda does best.

why should a publisher stick to use one or two franchises?

Well, possibly DeathWarrior might feel this way because it really is what they do best, and every time they've tried branching out, it wasn't exactly a hit for them, and some cases, it was utter fail. Also something to be said for not spreading one's self too thin over too many projects. Or it could just be that they make awesome RpGs. not so good other things.

There's no NEED to stick with the one or two franchises, but RPGs are what they do best.

Wasnt somewhere announced that in DA3 will be an open world?...correct me if im wrong.

Well my expectations are pretty low, but i really want DA3 to succeed if they plan it as an open world game and take beths lead away, so these guys actually try harder on their next TES game.

Got hyped for skyrim and meh...never going to do that again.

offtopic:

Anyone played/has Drakensang, after watching a few vids im considering getting it, is it good ?

Personally I didn't like Drakensang at all, there may be a good game in there but the balancing was awful. I don't mind hard games but I do mind unfair ones, locking my weak mage into a small room with a bunch of speedy rouges and then a boss was only one example of how ill thought out the game was. If you've got the patience of a saint it might be worth a look.

FFS, LEARN to make hair and faces! I know you can do it. It shows in your concept art. Sure modders can fix it (very well indeed!) but that doesn't help console users.

doesnt matter, if they want them ultra pretty like modders do people would complain. if they made them ugly people would complain. i actually think the character model are some of the best. in most games the NPCs are normal/generic looking and the player or other important characters are high texture and good looking. in skyrim the people range from good looking to ugly. which made for a more believable world where as in other games the main character is a model and everyone else is some ugly clone.

combat should have more depth and they should look to dark souls for inspiration not a boring game like reckoning. pressing XXXYXB didnt make combat deep or enjoyable. dark souls, simple combat that is easy to learn and hard to master. thats how real time rpg combat should be.

another thing bethesda should do. even though bethesda screwed them over obsidian still wants to work for them. if fact they're kinda of begging to work on fallout again but obsidian also said something else. they would love to make an elder scrolls game.

i think while BGS makes an elder scrolls game obsidian should work on a fallout game. while BGS makes a fallout game obsidian could work on an elder scrolls game. its genius

Wasnt somewhere announced that in DA3 will be an open world?...correct me if im wrong.

Well my expectations are pretty low, but i really want DA3 to succeed if they plan it as an open world game and take beths lead away, so these guys actually try harder on their next TES game.

offtopic:

Anyone played/has Drakensang, after watching a few vids im considering getting it, is it good ?

Personally I didn't like Drakensang at all, there may be a good game in there but the balancing was awful. I don't mind hard games but I do mind unfair ones, locking my weak mage into a small room with a bunch of speedy rouges and then a boss was only one example of how ill thought out the game was. If you've got the patience of a saint it might be worth a look.

Thanks jim!

I been really looking for something challenging and came across this game, read a few reviews that also mentioned the combat being pretty hard, there seems to be also a lot of skill managment from what i saw wich i really like to loose myself in, i guess i give it a shot.

-Hire more than 12 actors

-Better combat

-Meaningful interaction

-Better AI

-Story that doesn't start from prison

-Fuller world

-Something other than saving the world

-And for **** sakes, TEST YOUR GAME

I wish Bethesda would learn that M ratings allow for nudity, profanity, gore, and some sexual content instead of just "THOR'S BEARD!" (Though this is probably more on the ESRB)

Mature doesn't mean that this is for adults, mature means that there are some themes cannot be emulated by children because they don't understand. It is backwards. THAT IS WHAT ESRB AND PEGI ARE THERE FOR! and is why Kotor 2 is one of the most mature star wars games to date and it's rated PG.

Edited by brokenergy

offtopic:

Dragon Age is Bioware, not Bethesda

I also wish they would learn that real forests are about 40% trees and 60% large bushes, weeds, and rocks, not 90% trees and 10% grass.

THIS. Far Cry 3 looks WAY better than Skyrim simply because of this.

Also, Bethesda needs to fix the fighting. The fighting in pretty much all Elder Scrolls Games have been very boring and drawn-out. At least give us something realistic here...

Edited by billyro

I'm going to have to agree with Jim here. Especially on the story part. Story and characters are probably one of the biggest things that bother me in their games. Skyrim felt so unclimatic and uninteresting (MQ at least) and Oblivion was horribly repetitive at times. And combat. I suppose its better in Skyrim but it feels so slow and tedious sometimes. (Also on this subject why can we not cut limbs off of people? I mean we have these sharp pointy things yet, aside from decapitation, all we do is scratch enemies.)

AND I MISS THE ARMOR SYSTEM IN MORROWIND. And the variety of weapons. Spears would be nice to have again.

Oh I have to add that their cutscenes often feel... Lacking. Some of them feel like they should be so exciting and then they aren't. And the intro for Skyrim is horrid. "SENTRIES WHAT DO YOU SEE" Oh I don't know maybe a huge dragon that has already landed right behind you. :facepalm:

As for Fallout games I like New Vegas a very large amount more than Fallout 3. Improve whatever needs improving and keep following what was done in New Vegas to make it good and I'm sure I'll be happy with the next Fallout game.

I know I sound like I hate their games but I really don't. I've been feeling rather disatisfied with them lately but that's just because I keep thinking of why I like other games a lot better, yet said other games aren't as popular nor rated as good. :tongue:

Publishers dont really have any affect on how crappy the game is anyways, unless they are rushing the Devs to release the game ASAP. it just so happens that Bethesda hasnt published any super awesome OMG games. though ive heard both really good and bad about both Rage and Dishonored. but not as bad as Brink (which i happened to love) Rouge Warrior and WET. but again, Published by, not Developed by.

I liked Rage. And Brink was okay (I'm not a big multiplayer fan). I had fun with WET as well. Kind of goofy but it was different.

Dragon Age is Bioware, not Bethesda

I think Pavy was saying that hopefully DA3 will be better than Skyrim, not that its a Bethesda game.

-Story that doesn't start from prison

That's a trope... It's staying. Technically TES:V did skip the prison part completely and jump to the execution... And look where that got us... An execution that you know isn't going to go through since you just spent 3 hours previously riding into town and deciding what you would look like.

-Something other than saving the world

Yes, we need the option to see that great looming doom on the horizon consider the bunch who just nearly had us executed, and go to sign up for making that doom especially doom-y for those who crossed us. Why save the world when you can put yourself in position to rule the next one?