Cyberpunk 2077

CommanderCrazy

I heard somewhere that the teasers were more like proof of concept. They wan't to build an open world story driven RPG, something their devs have no experience in (open world). They want to hire more people with experience making these kind of games; programmers, modelers, world builders, artists, etc. Long story short, don't expect it to release soon.

And here's the page.

CDP RED Job Listing

This explains the "Coming: When it's ready" part.

• 5 years later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it sad that I've watched the 45 min Cyberpunk gameplay footage like 3 times now lol? I just can't get enough of it. For those that got bored I should point out it gets way better after the opening 10-15min mission. Takes me back to so many films like blade Runner, Minority Report, Judge Dread 90s and especially 2012 version, 5th element etc. Reminds me that I need to check out that recent cyberpunk TV show called Altered Carbon! Mates keep talking about it being really good.
I play a lot of futuresynth, 80s synth, retro synth music on youtube and the videos are often accompanied by cool animations of retro futuristic cars driving through cyberpunk style dystopian cities at night with glowing blue and purple nights. In the Cyberpunk 2077 gameplay footage when you see them get in the retro sportscar and drive around the city GTA5 style I knew right away that there's gonna be moments where I break off from the main game just go for a drive at night playing some tunes haha.

Chacun à son goût. Personally, I really, really dislike the 1st-person view and only play games that give me 3rd-person. Although I am considering getting Anthem, which according to the pre-release chatter will have both, (depending on whether the PC is inside or outside of Fort Tarsis.)

Chacun à son goût. Personally, I really, really dislike the 1st-person view and only play games that give me 3rd-person. Although I am considering getting Anthem, which according to the pre-release chatter will have both, (depending on whether the PC is inside or outside of Fort Tarsis.)

What makes me dislike 3rd person gameplay, is it always feels "mushy" for me, because the animation to stop running, and turn another direction, adds a delay that you don't get with First Person.

I find myself always overshooting stairs and ladders because of the animation that transitions from running to stopping.

Plus I can't stand having my character i blocking my view of the screen or blocking my view of a lever or button, it's so unnecessary.

I'm excited that it's First Person.

I can't stand 3rd Person view, and it's what's kept me from fully enjoying the Witcher Series.

Seriously, why can't they just do both? I prefer 3rd person myself- I like to see the animations of my char doing stuff and how they look in clothing/armor while doing it.

I can't stand 3rd Person view, and it's what's kept me from fully enjoying the Witcher Series.

Seriously, why can't they just do both? I prefer 3rd person myself- I like to see the animations of my char doing stuff and how they look in clothing/armor while doing it.

I prefer 1st person. However I wouldn't worry too much as I'm sure fans will create a mod for 3rd person view in between the 1st person cutscenes. Hell they may even end up being a console commend in vanilla release.

• 3 weeks later...

Same here.

The gameplay demo really showed just how great FPP works in the game. Some scenes (like the ripperdoc one) were borderline creepy, but would not have been anything special in third person.

I've never liked guns or shooting, and Cyberpunk 2077 will most likely be the very first game with those mechanics that I really play.

Can't be sure though, as a lot can happen before the unknown date When it's Ready™. :P