Destroy the Thalmor

Elezeid

This actually sounds like a really cool project I'd like to help with. If I were being generous, I'd say I'm an intermediate user of the CK, depending on what I'm working with. I don't know if I could be the sole CK guy for this project but I'm very interested in getting involved.

Skyrim Nexus profile: http://www.nexusmods.com/games/users/6910521/?tb=mods&pUp=1

I'd also like to mention that that Skill Master was the #1 in most popular this week on the Workshop yesterday. It's still up in the top 5 right now.

• 3 years later...

Just as the title says. But be prepared for a TLDR.

A good friend of mine and I sat down a jotted up an idea. A lengthy, story driven quest to destroy the Thalmor, and put a permanent end to the Aldmeri Dominion. So I searched the Nexus to see if it had already been done, and the closest thing I found was The Great Talos Hunt, by Helix341, which can be found

here.

I give a lot of credit to this modder for his/her effort, but I was thinking of something much more.

DISCLAIMER - I'll be referring to the Dragonborn as "him" just to make it easier on myself. I know it could be a girl or guy or any existing race in TES universe.

The Idea

The Empire and the Stormcloaks are at war, due to the Thalmor's ban on Talos worship. Well who is Talos? Talos is a divine, also known as Tiber Septim, arguably the most famous Dragonborn of Tamriel's history. A man who had power beyond what any man could hope for. Power that the Thalmor loathe to acknowledge. However, to their dismay, another Dragonborn has emerged. This means that the power they refuse to acknowledge, is now standing right in their face. In the midst of this war, the Dragonborn is given the choice to side with the Empire, or the Stormcloak rebellion, but why? Why choose a side? Why not put an end to the REAL threat? The Dragonborn has defeated Alduin, the World-eater, and prevented the impending apocalypse, single handedly. There is nothing to stop him from putting an end to the Aldmeri Dominion, once and for all, and the Thalmor know this. Surely they'd want to recruit, or destroy such a power.

The Story

The Dragonborn has returned from Sovngarde, having just defeated the Dragon, who could potentially have ended the world, Alduin. The Dragonborn returns to High Hrothgar to find the Thalmor waiting for him. Elenwen has arranged to have him arrested after his impersonating a guest, and the murders of various Thalmor. The Dragonborn is forced to fight his way through these Thalmor Justiciars, or come quietly. From this point the player (if possible) will have the option to join the Thalmor, or destroy them. The rest would be a spoiler.

The Resources

Two close friends of mine and myself are all trained actors, and would or could provide voices to various new characters.

I am also a composer. My music can be found here. I have composed music for a small handful of independent games. I will be providing (if any) the music that will go along with this mod.

The story is almost completely finished, minus a few small details, and I assure you this is as lore friendly (though non-canon) as it could possibly be.

What's Needed

Essentially, I haven't the first clue how to create a mod. My friends and I can write an interesting, and immersive story, we can act, some of us can even sing, and I can compose music, but we can not create a mod. I'm the only one who has ever used the creation kit before, and to be honest, it's overwhelmingly confusing to me.

Inconsistencies

I am aware that the Dragonborn could possibly be a female, or an Altmer, or any other race, and that might make some of the story seem a bit odd, or even comical. Ideally, the player would be a human, and the Dragonborn will raise hell and destroy the Dominion to restore humanity's freedom, or hell even make Mer and Men equal, (though that's unlikely).

Other Information

SPOILER ALERT!

If you play the Stormcloak side of the Civil War quest, right before he dies, General Tullius says that Ulfric has done exactly as the Thalmor wanted. The Thalmor have succeeded in dividing the humans. This information I found to be quite interesting. I also believe (though I could be wrong) that this is intended to be the canonical side of the story to some degree. This information about the Thalmor's plan to divide the humans to weaken them is never revealed when playing the Imperial side. Doesn't that seem a bit odd?

We've also had ideas for a few new spells, and a new shout that will... well I'd rather not spoil it. It's a doozy.

Through this quest, the player will come across new light and heavy armors, a few new different weapons, some robes and accessories, and even some regular clothing for leisurely use.

The Dragonborn will also employ the help of the Dragons. Not just Odahviing and any other dragon, but he will have to prove the strength of his Thu'um to the Dragons in their roost in order to win their allegiance.

I am developing another idea, but for this idea, the Dragonborn must win the war in the imperial side (Ulfric may have been true in his intentions for Skyrim, but he is too arrogant to be a good leader, also he has too much hatred for the Empire) /SPOILER: and convince the remainig stormcloaks to join the Blades.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/86075

You can also join the thalmor (I always do) if you want. You do have to finish the civil war questline though. It would also be best if you finished the winterhold college questline and the main questline for immersion if you choose to fight against the thalmor. The voice acting is very good as well.

Also this youtuber recently started doing a lets play of this mod, so you might want to check that out as well. I'm subbed to him on a different device.

Edited by JasperBark