[WIP] New Vegas Bounties Update

Guest deleted2159825

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest deleted2159825

Would you like a similar copy/paste-able version for NVB II as well, chief? Just let me know how comprehensive you'd want it to be if you do.

Yes, I almost forgot about that!

All,

Progress continues!

I'm almost finished with the first of three new bounties; this quest is "A Dying Breed" and deals with the demise of the Fiends' leadership, and hints at what may replace them. If you enjoy fighting (or sneaking) through office buildings filled to the brim with Fiends, then you'll enjoy it.

I've also decided to overhaul the lowest cavern in Jacob Powers' cave complex. I've learned many scripting tricks since I produced that mess, and I understand it has... issues. Therefore, an upgrade is in order. Who knows... there might even be extra content.

Finally, please check out Unoctium's teaser for The Siege of Firebase Zulu, entitled,

. Thank you, Unoctium!

Guest deleted2159825

All,

Thanks for the ongoing support. I'm happy to report that the first of three new quests is implemented, and I've thrown myself into the second one, which will feature a new worldspace, "Canyon Cove" (envision a non-nuked Dry Wells). The quest, "Enemy of my Enemy" will be initiated by player choices from The Inheritance, and will be explicitly anti-Legion (sorry, but it fits the narrative).

Here's a preview of the new worldspace (keep in mind, it's still a WIP):

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/7630/canyoncoveearly.jpg

I've managed to sort out terrain LOD, but the objects are still giving me fits. One thing at a time, I suppose.

As for NVBI, all the voice actors have their scripts, and they're steadily sending me their voice-work. This update will feature some dramatically improved voice-acting for all the characters (except Randall).

I'm also happy to report that dragbody will be contributing a custom outfit to replace the unsightly "Heavy Duster" in NVBII.

I've also re-textured "The Penetrator" and "Fearg". More unique weapon re-textures are on the way.

Thanks for all the support - I'm looking forward to sharing the updates!

-SG

I'm also happy to report that dragbody will be contributing a custom outfit to replace the unsightly "Heavy Duster" in NVBII.

Some of the WiP shots he's been posting in the imageshare are amazing!

All,

Thanks for the ongoing support. I'm happy to report that the first of three new quests is implemented, and I've thrown myself into the second one, which will feature a new worldspace, "Canyon Cove" (envision a non-nuked Dry Wells). The quest, "Enemy of my Enemy" will be initiated by player choices from The Inheritance, and will be explicitly anti-Legion (sorry, but it fits the narrative).

I've managed to sort out terrain LOD, but the objects are still giving me fits. One thing at a time, I suppose.

As for NVBI, all the voice actors have their scripts, and they're steadily sending me their voice-work. This update will feature some dramatically improved voice-acting for all the characters (except Randall).

I've also re-textured "The Penetrator" and "Fearg". More unique weapon re-textures are on the way.

Thanks for all the support - I'm looking forward to sharing the updates!

-SG

Wow, man that looks more then just awesome! Can't wait to play it ! I actually think I'll disable the NVB 1 and 2 and then load them again so that I could replay from the start!

New quests sound really awesome, and the preview of Dragbody's new Heavy Duster looks incredibly awesome! Can't wait for the updates and looking forward to Zulu!

Guest deleted2159825

All,

Thanks for the feedback and support!

After an abundance of swearing and gnashing of teeth, I finally sorted out the LOD issues in Valle del Hierro. I have to admit that this was a considerable hurdle for me, and I'm much more confident going into the design of new worldspaces for future projects. In fact, with my newfound grasp of LOD and Regions (an incredible tool for cluttering landscapes), I'm very eager to craft new worldspaces. While Zulu's worldspaces are finalized, NVBIII, Sinners & Slaves, and The Message will all require new landscapes to host content.

Now I just need to figure out how to create and implement a worldspace map in the Pip-Boy.

Gotta run - thanks for the comments!

@Someguy

Sorry for deviating off topic here man, but I figure you must have some idea on how this'll work.

I was wondering how you were able to make a patch with your mods and Moburma's freeside open mod. I know how to make patches btw, thats not the issue, the issue is with the frreside open mod itself.

What I need your input with is actually being able to open the 'new' Freeside, whenever I open the cell it'll load up most of the world space and then my GECK will crash.

I've got a pretty hardcore laptop; so it shouldn't be a issue with my hardware/resources, and I've loaded up pretty big cells before with relative ease.

It's just that this freeside mod appears to be so taxing that it causes an instant crash on loading the cell, which is ironic seeing that I can actually play with the mod with no issues at all.

Are there any hints or tips you can share with me on this issue?

EDIT:

I guess I should outline my reasoning for asking the question, might make it a bit clearer as to why I need to figure this issue out. The outline of what I'm wanting to do will almost be a meeting of one of the various 'freeside restored' mods and Moburma's work.... I really want to give the place a decent tidy up, while being able to explore the area as one cohesive world space.

Guest deleted2159825

@pwinkle,

Appendant made the Freeside Open patch (if you're talking about the one for The Inheritance) - in truth, I don't know much about it. I'm actually quite ignorant about mod conflict patches (except for simple fixes).

All,

With LOD licked, I'm pleased to share more images of "Canyon Cove", a worldspace that will be included in the forthcoming NVBII update.

"Work will free you"

http://imageshack.us/scaled/landing/824/screenshot181b.jpg

A wide shot of the Legion encampment/town, in full LOD glory!

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/6103/screenshot182f.jpg

Thanks for the support - I'll keep you posted on progress this weekend.

Edited by someguy2000