[WIP] New Vegas Bounties Update

Guest deleted2159825

Guest deleted2159825

Sidenote, for new worldspaces taking place a distance from the main Mojave, could you add in a passage of time with the loading screen like they do with Honest Hearts and Lonesome Road? It just adds a little to the experience. I usually like to have travel and other things take realistic amounts of time when I play, even to the point that I will simulate with the wait screen. Perhaps a little crazy, but I don't know. It adds to my investment.

Yeah, Firebase Zulu will have an introductory and ending slideshow, if that's what you're referring to.

As for Russell's trek... I'm not sure, particularly since only a portion of the mod would take place in a separate worldspace. Thanks for the feedback!

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say go ahead and work on the companion first, since it will be a faster mod to work on then your Zulu mod since its much larger. That way you can bug fix and update other things while working on the Companion as you go on.

My opinion, really looking forward to this update. :)

Sidenote, for new worldspaces taking place a distance from the main Mojave, could you add in a passage of time with the loading screen like they do with Honest Hearts and Lonesome Road? It just adds a little to the experience. I usually like to have travel and other things take realistic amounts of time when I play, even to the point that I will simulate with the wait screen. Perhaps a little crazy, but I don't know. It adds to my investment.

Yeah, Firebase Zulu will have an introductory and ending slideshow, if that's what you're referring to.

As for Russell's trek... I'm not sure, particularly since only a portion of the mod would take place in a separate worldspace. Thanks for the feedback!

I actually wasn't referring to slideshows, but that's lovely as well. I meant how when you go between Mojave and Zion or Mojave and The Divide, there is a 2 week and 3 day passage of time respectively. I'm just a little silly about that kind of detail, so I was curious if you were gonna throw in a similar script for locations that have a considerable amount of real world travel time.

Guest deleted2159825

I actually wasn't referring to slideshows, but that's lovely as well. I meant how when you go between Mojave and Zion or Mojave and The Divide, there is a 2 week and 3 day passage of time respectively. I'm just a little silly about that kind of detail, so I was curious if you were gonna throw in a similar script for locations that have a considerable amount of real world travel time.

Yes, though I haven't decided on the exact duration yet.

Yes, though I haven't decided on the exact duration yet.

That's awesome! I just like the idea of my characters travelling actual distances. If Fallout suddenly resembled Oregon Trail whenever the character traveled a long distance, I'd be overjoyed.

Guest deleted2159825

All,

Time for a belated Sunday update (yes, it's Monday, but time seldom bends to my demands)!

Most of my modding mojo was invested in the following:

- Continued tweaking ambushes; most, if not all have been changed to varying degrees

- Expanded and overhauled Valle del Hierro - the player is no longer dumped directly into the aggro range of hostile NPC's, but can now make a stealthier approach thanks to an extended entrance in canyon narrows. I also upgraded the physical defenses to VdH, and revamped the NPC's to make better use of leveled lists.

- I finally added an unlisted, permanent bounty system based on Valle del Hierro. All the generic raiders now drop fingers which can be submitted to Captain Scull for 25 caps each. It should provide some additional incentive to revisit VdH, which will undergo some "evolution" as the player interacts with the inhabitants.

- I almost wrapped up a new quest "All the Devils are Here", which involves a cannibalistic madman taking charge of VdH some time after the main quest. It will spur a true raider-ification of VdH, along with new buildings and NPC's (not to mention gory decor).

That's it for now. I'm working closely with the VA's to get all the voicework implemented. Thanks for the support!

Guest deleted2159825

All,

I'm now recruiting testers for the updated versions of NVBI and NVBII. The following skills are a plus:

- Strong grasp of grammar and spelling

- Familiarity with the GECK

- Experience problem-solving load orders and conflicts

- Attention to detail

- Familiarity with my mods (NVBI, NVBII, The Inheritance).

Please PM me if you're interested!

Guest deleted2159825

All,

This is an update for a new feature that I've been toying with of late.

In the current build (very recent, not even the testers have it), once players wrap up the main quest in NVBII, they are able to turn in "Generic" fingers for 100 caps each, providing an endless source of side bounties. However, only select NPC's drop these fingers:
- Raider/Fiend/Viper Ringleaders: mid-level NPC's who respawn in my dungeons
- Raider/Fiend/Viper Chieftains: Tough, high-level NPC's who act as bosses in dungeons (typically appearing after "evolution")
- Certain NPC's appearing in scripted/random encounters

Personally, I believe this is a well-balanced approach that mimics the finger system from FO3, adding additional incentive to explore dungeons and supplement one's income. There will be at least 5-6 dungeons hosting these NPC's (with some locations containing multiple bosses), so there should be enough to keep the player busy long after he/she has concluded the official, named bounties. I'm even adding a new sewer system (or more accurately, implementing an unused sewer cell) teeming with Fiends and their warlords.

Any thoughts? Does this betray the very essence of New Vegas Bounties? Is it a nifty compliment? Is the payoff too great or not enough? I rather like the system, but I'd like to get your feedback, should you have any.

Otherwise, the project is progressing nicely, with the VA work on NVBI almost entirely wrapped up. I'm also pleased to report that the entirety of NVBI's dialogue has been converted from .wav to .ogg, and the archived mod should now top out at ~50 mb. That's a hell of a lot more convenient that 250+.

Many of the roles for NVBII have been filled, but a few small parts remain. Please PM me if you're interested (reference the first post for details). If you're an actor, I apologize for the delay with the scripts - I should have them out by this weekend.

Thanks for all the support!

Edited by someguy2000

Any thoughts? Does this betray the very essence of New Vegas Bounties? Is it a nifty compliment? Is the payoff too great or not enough? I rather like the system, but I'd like to get your feedback, should you have any.

I think it sounds just fine and will be a welcome addition to the mod.