Vortex keeps DESTROYING my FNIS/XPMSSE installs

ff7legend

Vortex keeps DESTROYING my FNIS/XPMSSE installs. Every time I launch the program, the program causes FNIS/XPMSSE to no longer work & cause the game to CTD on load/New Game. This is beyond ridiculous & the only workaround I've found thus far is to totally REINSTALL XPMSSE & rerun FNIS after each session in Vortex. I should not have to do this but Vortex forces my hand since the game will not run after opening Vortex in any way/shape/form. Vortex needs to STOP SCANNING for external changes made to FNIS since all this accomplishes is a corrupted FNIS installation/CTD on load/New Game. I'm tired of having to fight with Vortex utterly destroying my FNIS files. No offense but whomever thought it a great idea for vortex to scan FNIS files for external changes KNOWING FULL & WELL the GenerateFNISforUsers.exe will need to be run in order to properly generate behavior files needs to rethink this. I never once had this issue when using NMM but for whatever reason, Vortex insists upon DESTROYING my FNIS/XPMSSE files. If anyone has any suggestions as to how I can get Vortex to stop mucking up my FNIS/XPMSSE files, I'm all ears. As it stands now, my Skyrim SE rebuild has slowed to a crawl since I'm having to battle Vortex & its propensity to destroy FNIS/XPMSSE each time I open the program...

ff7legend

SETTINGS------>INTERFACE---->Turn off Run FNIS on Deployment Event.

Also, I use FNIS along with 315 other mods and don't have the problem you're having,

You're the first person I've heard complain about this, how exactly do you have them installed?

Where is your Mod Staging Folder?

Whatever your problem is, it's system specific.

Are you getting a message on Deployment that Files have changed, and given the Option to SAVE, USE NEWER or REVERT?

If so, NEVER use REVERT.

I've only run FNIS ONCE during my entire install of Skyrim SE

That setting is already turned off. I never use the Revert option. I hit the Save Change option & yet the game refuses to load/start a new game after each session in Vortex. The only workaround I have is reinstalling XPMSSE/re-running FNIS, which fixes the issue. As for the staging folder, I have no idea what that is, let alone where it is...

ff7legend

That setting is already turned off. I never use the Revert option. I hit the Save Change option & yet the game refuses to load/start a new game after each session in Vortex. The only workaround I have is reinstalling XPMSSE/re-running FNIS, which fixes the issue. As for the staging folder, I have no idea what that is, let alone where it is...

ff7legend

Mod Staging Folder

Vortex-Staging-Folder.jpg

There is something that is system Specific that you have going on, otherwise there would be multiple threads about this.

You shouldn't be having to reinstall a skeleton *hkf every time you play, so SOMETHING on your system is messing up your install every time.

Do you use Windows Defender?

If so, be sure to turn off "Controlled Folder Access".

Make sure UAC is turned on, make sure you're using HARDLINK DEPLOYMENT (Screen above)

What AV do you use?

Do you have yout TARGET and START IN folder set properly in the dashboard for FNIS?

Is FNIS installed properly?

The TARGET path to FNIS should be

D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\GenerateFNISForUsers.exe

The START IN path to FNIS should be

D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\

What is the Path to your FNIS install?

D:\Vortex Mods\SkyrimSE is where my Staging Folder is located. Hardlink Deployment is selected.

Both FNIS Target & Start In fields are the same as yours...

I use Windows Defender but cannot find anything relating to Controlled Folder Access.

ff7legend

FNIS was installed using Vortex & I placed a shortcut to FNIS on my taskbar directly from D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\tools\GenerateFNISforUsers\

ff7legend

Look at your path, then look at mine.

the DATA folder is missing from your path.

MINE:

D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\

Yours:

D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\tools\GenerateFNISforUsers\

I just double-checked & my path is correct. I forgot to include the Data in my previous reply. This is what my path looks like in the Vortex dashboard:

D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\GenerateFNISforUsers.exe\ (Target)

D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\ (Start In)

ff7legend

I just double-checked & my path is correct. I forgot to include the Data in my previous reply. This is what my path looks like in the Vortex dashboard:

D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\GenerateFNISforUsers.exe\ (Target)

D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\ (Start In)

ff7legend

Did you look under RANSOMWARE in Windows Defender? for the Controlled Folder Access?

Because your FNIS is exactly the same as mine and I don't have the problem you have.