How To Merge Multiple Mods with Multiple Master Files

MTichenor

Hmm. I don't know the details about all the problems you last few posters have been having, but it seems like it's mostly problems with merging ESMs. All I can say is that you can use TES5Edit to change literally everything in an ESP or ESM file, from texture names and file paths to the more mundane things like weights and gold values. What I typically do after a merge is to compare the new records with the previous records, since it'll show them all side-by-side. You can even use a filter in TES5Edit to make it only show records with conflicts.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, you should be careful how you merge, by checking mods before merging using TESVEdits "Check for Errors" option. If a mod you merge has errors they either get copied to the new file or don't get copied at all, which can and will likely cause problems. And another thing I always do after I merge my mods is to load it into the CK to check it for errors like duplicate EditorIDs and FormIDs, and just about any other error that could happen.

Well, you should be careful how you merge, by checking mods before merging using TESVEdits "Check for Errors" option. If a mod you merge has errors they either get copied to the new file or don't get copied at all, which can and will likely cause problems. And another thing I always do after I merge my mods is to load it into the CK to check it for errors like duplicate EditorIDs and FormIDs, and just about any other error that could happen.

ok thanks i will try that ! Much appreciated.

ok i managed to do an almost successfull merge,what i did is,i merged 10 plugins in 1 esp and after that andother 10 plugins in a diffirent esp,all worked that game started fine everything loaded well,everything was ok till i pressed the ''M'' key to open the map,and i got CTD,anyone experienced such issues ? It happens only when i try to access the map.

Draco856, on 19 Feb 2013 - 23:01, said:

If you try to merge a file with conflicting records, the last one merged will be the one that takes, or at least I think I haven't really checked dispite merging nearly 250 mods all ready. Just create a merged patch and then copy the merged records into your merged ESP and it should be fine.

As to removing the files from the master list, just move the ESPs you merged to another folder instead of deleting them in-case something goes wrong and you need to re-merge the files. NMM should remove them from the plugin list automatically on it's next load, same with Wrye Bash

i think i know how to make a merged patch (right click, Create merged patch) but how do i copy the merged patch records into the merged ESP? thanks!

EDIT: ok, if u could answer that ^ for later, but right now i'm gonna try my 1st attempt at merging! and already have couple questions. please forgive me, i'm old and tech illiterate lol.

so i see in your screenshots that u have a TON of mods loaded. what i was doing was when EDIT first loads, to right click and choose none so they're all unchecked. then just check the 17 clothes mods i wanna merge. along with their masters. i checked and they only have Skyrim and Update esms, no DLC masters. so then those 17 mods are loaded at the right side. is that correct? or am i supposed to load all my mods to the right? i'm not sure because those screenshots show sooo many mods.

then when i get to renumbering the formids, i do NOT renumber Skyrim.esm, skyrim.exe, nor Update.esm. is that correct? thanky!

@MookyLama:

To copy the merged patch records into your esp, do it the same way you'd merge any mod. An easy way (for me at least since I've had some experience with this) is to delete the records in the file I'm merging to (Since the Leveled Lists are all likely from Skyrim.esm, Update.esm, Dawnguard, Hearthfire, and/or Dragonborn) I just then use "Copy as Override" and it gives me the merged lists in my merged esp.

So basically from the patch I take those records and copy them into the file I'm putting everything else in. The longer process involves going to the records one by one and simply moving the patched records (drag and drop) into your file, that has the same effect as copying them as overrides without having to delete them from your merged file first (Since if the records were still there when you copy as override nothing would change in the file, cause it's all ready been overridden).

As to your other question, yes load only the mods you want to merge and leave everything else out of it. If you have an active mod you aren't going to be merging in the list it can be confusing.

thanks Draco! aaand i'm stymied again. in his description, he states that he took the load order number and added 0000 at the end to make the new formid. do i take the load number of each mod and add 0000 to the end, or do i use the same number for each mod that i'm changing? like what i was about to do was this; my 1st mod was load 02 so i make it 020000. now do i use 020000 for all the next mods?

what i was doing was 020000, then 030000 for next mod. 040000 for next (that is their actual load number that shows in TESEDIT). then eventually i got to 0A so i name it 0A0000. then 0B0000. is that correct?

also i'm getting a lot of "record is referenced by" . more than i would thought for simple clothing mods.