How To Merge Multiple Mods with Multiple Master Files

MTichenor

Draco856, on 02 Mar 2013 - 21:43, said:

Race merging is much, much more tricky then the simple merging of armor and weapons. There are many little things to a race that I don't think the current version of Edit can handle right now. I think your last resort is to create a bashed patch for your mods since that would merge the conflicting records on it's own, but wouldn't be a true merged mod since you would still need the originals. However, since I'm fairly certain a bashed patch would remain working after the records were merged, I would say to merge those records from the patch into your own. if you don't use Wrye Bash, you should since the bashed patch that it is a part of is very useful.

@NWElf

About merging the rings of power mod, I just checked the main file (Though I didn't open it) and it has only 1 ESP file, reading the description in the file page it seems anything before January 16th is included, though it might be there are some that have been left out. As to merging them yourself, it may have failed because there may be errors in the ESPs you are trying to merge.

Pretty much errors in the file means Edit can't handle it sometimes and would give errors itself as it tried to copy the bad records. After opening the files in edit make sure to check them for errors and you might be able to avoid any problems. If all else fails go through the mods one by one until you find the bad egg so to speak.

Thx for the advise, yea I did check them for errors after tes5edit spit it out, seems the errors are in all the ring esps. I went thru them and found the same error in all of them, it said that there was 0 bytes of data in one of the forms, when it was expecting 1 byte, and so tes5edit flipped its wig over 1 byte of data that is missing from the file lol. Also for some reason when I was trying to merge them originally it said that "Record RecipeRingArchM [COBJ:00000000] must have a FormID." Which is weird cause I gave each of the esps new form IDs before I merged them. Sooo I guess I will try your suggestion and load them up in the CK and try to merge them that way. Like I said before ....Cant for the life of me figure out why this dude chose to make ummteen million single esps, instead of just updating his main file when he added new rings lol, its beyond me lol. Just means more work and more headache for me I guess, hehe but they are nice rings to have so I guess I am just a glutton for punishment lol. Thx again for the advise I appreciate it :smile: .

EDIT: Ok I am officially an IDIOT LMAO! I loaded the main file up in tesvsnip, just cause its easier to take a peek at whats in it without having to hunt things down, and wouldnt ya know all those "individual esps" were already in the main mod, the only 2 that arent are the 2 optional files lol!! I'm such an idiot lol, well now I know why tes5edit was having such a cow, I was trying to merge stuff that was already in the main file rofl. Ok so I owe the mod author an apology, since he did in fact put them all in his main file, he just also offered them as individual esps as well. Might have saved me a lot of headache if he had clearly stated that all except the optional files were in the main one. I know he said he had added all of the ones he made before blah blah date (cant remember off the top of my head hehe) but I looked and half of those came after the date he said, so thats why I thought all of those were extras. Anyways, now that I got that figured out, I can just try merging the main file with the 2 optionals and hope tes5edit doesnt have another coronary on me lol. Thx again for your help :biggrin: .

EDIT 2: Woot that seemed to work, it saved it and exited without spitting out any bug reports so I think I'm all good ... Next up, tackling all these hair mod esps. Only if a hair mod uses like both and esm and an esp (for example the apachiiskyhair mod has like 4 esms, and one esp....if you get all the optional files) . My question is, is the procedure for merging them the same as if they were all esp files?? Or is there more that needs to be done??

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Mooky

Doesn't really matter, though I would suggest removal AFTER changing the IDs. I usually change the IDs, close (and save) the file then open it again then check for errors, if any show up, I still have the master files I used in the merge and can find the offending record. It's just an extra precaution for me since I've been merging a couple hundred mods at a time (I go overboard when it comes to weapons and armors, and with this new LeveledList SkyProc patcher thats out, I'm hoping to get most of the armors and weapons into the lists, give a whole mess of variety to my game)

Just curious as to where I can find the LeveledList Skyproc patcher, as I ... like you, have TONS of armor and weapon mods, they make up about 90% of my skyrim folder lol. So could you tell me where to get that patcher pretty please :blush: :D

You aren't actually merging the mods, you are merging the conflicting records. But since it's been sometime since I looked at the bashed patch it seems it no longer supports everything it used to do. There used to be many more options for it, but now it does seem it's only tweaks and leveled lists. Though I'm sure you can still make your own patch, it's just not going to be automatic, and has much more chances to fail with any errors.

It's hard to explain, I had hoped all of the bashed patch functions would be available by now like they were in other games, but it seems that's not the case. The process is difficult if you don't really know what you are doing, I'll take a look at the files myself and see if there is an easy way for me to explain it, I won't know if they work or not since I can't play Skyrim until my own mod merging is done.

NWElf, it's called Lootification. I would suggest using it on the mods before merging since it can't handle large ESPs (My merged mod of over 200 failed to load at all since it ran out of memory) So use it on the base ESPs, then do a merge of those records into the one you just "Lootified", then you can continue merging as normal

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/32339/#

As for the hair mods, yes the process is the same you could merge them all into a single ESP and have no ESM however I don't think you should do it to Apachii since people likely use the main ESM and maybe the optionals too in mods that require it. It all really depends on what mods you use if it's safe or unsafe to merge something.

I looked at Beards, Scarified Dunmer and SkyRe Races, only thing I see you need to do is move the records one by one to SkyRe and it should hopefully work.

Use the "Apply Filter For Cleaning" option and it'll show you all conflicts in the files. As for Beards, I have no clue, I only saw Head Part data in the file and nothing else. Make sure SkyRe Races loads AFTER everything else so it gets the changes.

I'm having problems combining 3 mods.

One mod has weapons, spells, and items. One mod has head parts (eyes only). One mod adds a cell.

In hindsight, I should've just built it all into the one mod with the items, but I didn't do it because of bad foresight. I don't get any errors in TES5Edit at first, but when I open the combined mod, it stops loading and tells me the following line;

"[00:49] Background Loader: Fatal: <EAssertionFailed: Assertion failure (D:\Projects\TES5Edit\wbImplementation.pas, line 10859)>"

Opening the mod in the construction kit says a dozen errors about duplicate IDs, and just stops loading after a short time.

My D:\ drive isn't in use (not to mention that it's a CD drive with nothing in it), so I can't go check that. I can easily throw the eye edits into the big file, but remaking that cell will be a pain. What happened, and why is it doing this?

I don't know the cause of it, but the only suggestion I can give is to load a backup of the esp that you haven't modified.

I looked at Beards, Scarified Dunmer and SkyRe Races, only thing I see you need to do is move the records one by one to SkyRe and it should hopefully work.

Use the "Apply Filter For Cleaning" option and it'll show you all conflicts in the files. As for Beards, I have no clue, I only saw Head Part data in the file and nothing else. Make sure SkyRe Races loads AFTER everything else so it gets the changes.

Thanks for looking into this for me. The idea of manually adding all the texture sets from Scarified dunmer to Skyre_Races sounds tedious at best. Now I will have to test my detrmination to have scared Dunmer in my game :-)

Not tedious at all, just drag and drop. From what I saw theres only like 20 or so records for them in the dark elf races, so it's not a big deal at all.

Hi guys, stumbled onto this and love the tutorial! I do have a specific question though :) If any of you are familiar with SkyRe/Reproccer and MasterofShadow's (MoS) Weapons of the third era, I would love your insight! So, I want to merge SkyRe and MoS's updated version of Weapons of the third era. However, SkyRe rebalances weapon stats slightly and has the old version of Weapons of the third era by 747 already incorporated.

So I run Reproccer to add the correct stats to MoS's version, and it seems to work (weapons have new stats balanced for SkyRe). I am worried though that I will have duplicates of items because of SkyRe having 747's weapons and me adding in MoS's hence why I want to merge the weapon component of SkyRe with MoS's (don't want the version of the glass scimitar that crashes game by 747, want the fixed one by MoS etc.). So,

Question: Which mods should I merge? The SkyRe one I'm pretty sure is deff necessary :), but do I merge it with MoS's weapons or the Reproccers weapons or both? if I want to keep the stats from the Reproccer of course.

Thanks for reading lol, if that is too specific/not specific enough/impossible or just plain silly to try, let me know :) don't want to be wasting anybody's time for nothing!

If it only changes stats, just drag and drop the records so they no longer conflict (SkyRe to MOS, not the other way) and you should have the updated stats. As for duplicates, you'll have to manually remove the weapons by hand from the SkyRe patch.