⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

How To Merge Multiple Mods with Multiple Master Files

MTichenor

I find that part to be an unnecessary step since the way I merge my mods is I copy all records as overrides into the file I'm merging to, then I change the forms in that one without messing with any of the other files unless I'm fixing something. So to answer your question, no, you'd either use the load order number and follow the process or take the last FormID changed and then increment it by one (8 becomes 9, 9 becomes A, F becomes 0) then use that number for the new forms, though I find my way easier.

Example:

Mod1 - Deep copy as override into Merged mod

Mod2 - Deep copy as override into Merged mod

Mod3 - Deep copy as override into Merged mod

Merged Mod - Open each record header and barring any Skyrim.esm (00), Update.esm (01), Dawnguard.esm (02), Hearthfires.esm (03), Dragonborn.esm (04) entires (If you load them all at the same time everything up to 04 would be records from them) Then hold Shift and click on each record (or use Shift+Down/Up arrows) and when all records you want to change are selected use the "Change FormID" function to have TESVEdit change the FormIds of all selected records to new ones, thus skipping the entire step of doing every ESP. This is how I've done it to merge over 200 mods in at one point, I just changed the records in my new file while leaving the forms intact on the ones I was merging.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find that part to be an unnecessary step since the way I merge my mods is I copy all records as overrides into the file I'm merging to, then I change the forms in that one without messing with any of the other files unless I'm fixing something. So to answer your question, no, you'd either use the load order number and follow the process or take the last FormID changed and then increment it by one (8 becomes 9, 9 becomes A, F becomes 0) then use that number for the new forms, though I find my way easier.

Example:

Mod1 - Deep copy as override into Merged mod

Mod2 - Deep copy as override into Merged mod

Mod3 - Deep copy as override into Merged mod

Merged Mod - Open each record header and barring any Skyrim.esm (00), Update.esm (01), Dawnguard.esm (02), Hearthfires.esm (03), Dragonborn.esm (04) entires (If you load them all at the same time everything up to 04 would be records from them) Then hold Shift and click on each record (or use Shift+Down/Up arrows) and when all records you want to change are selected use the "Change FormID" function to have TESVEdit change the FormIds of all selected records to new ones, thus skipping the entire step of doing every ESP. This is how I've done it to merge over 200 mods in at one point, I just changed the records in my new file while leaving the forms intact on the ones I was merging.

damn my old brain hurts. i don't have an existing mod to merge these into. was gonna create a new merged one. was reading this. seems to be similar...

http://www.taleoftwowastelands.com/content/wanting-combine-mods-reduce-list

search for "override"

i might try your way Draco. right now i'm just trying to understand the tutorial. you state

"no, you'd either use the load order number and follow the process", so i'm just trying to find out this exact process of changing the formids. like here's how mine look loaded into EDIT...

00 Skyrim.esm

00 Skyrim.exe

01 Update.esm

02 --was gonna start here w/ 020000

03 030000

04 040000

05 050000

06 same down to...

0A ...here. so now 0A0000

0B 0B0000

0C 0C0000

0D -

0E

0F 0F0000

10 here?? 0100000 or 100000?

11 0110000?

so that's where i'm at now. help me w/ correct numbering and i think i can get it from there. after i get the hang of the tutorial way, i'll try skipping this step maybe, and just change them within the merged mod

Yes, you make a new file to merge into, then you change the forms in that file after you merge everything else you want to, but you got it right according to the tutorial with the way you are doing the renumbering.

Would this work to consolidate empty esp files?

For example I'm wanting to merge the High Res Texture Pack DLC from 3 esp files to one esp file.

yeah i'd love to do that too^.

thanks Draco and Jack. the numbering worked. and this whole method of yours MTichenor worked great! i had 2 items not show up but noticed they wee in BSAs. just unpacked them and dropped them into Data and they worked (wonder if i shoulda unpacked them BEFORE the merge?). invaluable info here!

gonna try merging some of my individual lady makeover mods. lil worried about the grey face facegen bug tho

AirostheTiger, on 13 Feb 2013 - 17:31, said:

Another question; lets say I have 5 mods that each add a new weapon. Do I need to make sure that when I change the formIDs of the 5 weapon mods to 400000 through 440000 to never use those formIDs for any other future merged mod, or do the formIDs only need to be unique within that specific merged mod?

i'd like to know this too. just made a merged mod, and gonna make another now. i had just been adding "0000" to the number that TES5EDIT gave, but now for this new merge i'm about to attempt. EDIT gave them the same numbers as before. so do i need to number these totally different numbers than my last merged mod, or would it be okay to number them the same as before.

edit: oh and i'm getting a few mods that won't let me change their formids. i type a number in the box and it just closes and the mod is not in bold like others. when i expand those mods it just shows file header and Non Player Character. nothing else. the other bolded mods show lotsa stuff. head parts, weapons, ect. is this okay? i was just gonna skip renumbering their forms and just expand them and override what little they have into the new mod

you just need them to be different too each other, but you can also just do it to the merged mod after.

Hey, if i do it Draco's way (told ya i'd try it!), then i just override everything into the new mod, but do i then change the new mod formids and THEN remove old mods as it's masters? or do i remove the old mod masters and THEN change new mods formids?

Hi, tahnks for the tutorial. It seems easy to follow even for someone as dumb as myself :-). All this script and stuff is rather confusing me, I must admit, so I'd like to ask to see if I get things straight. I would like to merge several race mods so that they work together (namely New Beards, Scarified Dunmer and Sky-Re races). Now I guess that Sky-Re races has scripts, while the others do not. If I want to do the merging, how eactly do I have to modify the process described in the tutorial? Also, and this might be a very stupid question, I know, if I createa merged mod, do I load the original mods as well or only the patch (In other words, if I mergre mods A, B and C into a merged mod X, do I load mods A, B, and C in my load order as well, of just the mod X)? Thanks for any advice.