How To Merge Multiple Mods with Multiple Master Files

MTichenor

@Mooky

Doesn't really matter, though I would suggest removal AFTER changing the IDs. I usually change the IDs, close (and save) the file then open it again then check for errors, if any show up, I still have the master files I used in the merge and can find the offending record. It's just an extra precaution for me since I've been merging a couple hundred mods at a time (I go overboard when it comes to weapons and armors, and with this new LeveledList SkyProc patcher thats out, I'm hoping to get most of the armors and weapons into the lists, give a whole mess of variety to my game)

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Aknevrec

If you are merging mods it's to get rid of those base ESPs and lower the number of mods you need to load, so yes, you only load the merged mod after removal of the base mods as masters to the merged one.

As to merging mods with scripts, Since TESVEdit can read the script records now I don't know if it causes a problem any more (I haven't had time to test any of the mods I've merged that have scripts). I would suggest that if you are worried about it, make the merged mod, then try it out in game. If it doesn't work as intended then you should ask for help figuring it out. I personally don't know since I don't merge heavily scripted mods, and the scripts I do merge aren't really needed at all, things like adding items to my inventory on startup, not something I really need so I usually get rid of it

@Aknevrec

If you are merging mods it's to get rid of those base ESPs and lower the number of mods you need to load, so yes, you only load the merged mod after removal of the base mods as masters to the merged one.

As to merging mods with scripts, Since TESVEdit can read the script records now I don't know if it causes a problem any more (I haven't had time to test any of the mods I've merged that have scripts). I would suggest that if you are worried about it, make the merged mod, then try it out in game. If it doesn't work as intended then you should ask for help figuring it out. I personally don't know since I don't merge heavily scripted mods, and the scripts I do merge aren't really needed at all, things like adding items to my inventory on startup, not something I really need so I usually get rid of it

Thanks for the reply. I will try it out then and see if my PC goes up in flames :-). Hopefully not, though

OK, so it seems that I have either done something very wrong or this method does not help me as much as I thought it would. I tried to merge: Scarified Dunmer, SkyRe Races from T3nd0s' Skyrim Redone and Beards. I think I follewed the tutorial to the letter, but the result was quite bad. The Scarified Dunmer mod adds new texture sets and applys them to the Dunmer race. Unfortunately, the new entries in "texture sets" were present, but not added to the races. Also, the scripts from SkyRe did not work. Lastly, my stats were compeletely messed up. Health, magicka stamina, all on the starting levels (I tested on an existing character). The rest went well. I got the race's description from Sky Re and new beards from Beards. Does any of you have an idea how to make this work? Thanks

Wow my first time using TES5Edit and I totally FUBARed it lol, got a bunch of errors trying to merge all the single .esp ring of power files, and tes5edit had a meltdown. /sigh anyway heres the bug report. Not sure what I did wrong, accept maybe the form id numering might have been wrong. Any help or advise would be appreciated. Was trying to merge all (what is it now? Like 61) of the rings of power into a single esp. Mod can be found here if that helps : http://www.skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/2026

Why the guy made like 61 seperate esps for single rings, instead of just updating his main file when he added new ones is beyond me lol. But would like to get them trimmed down to one esp, but cant seem to get it right in TES5Edit.

You can also merge them in Creation Kit.

Install all these little mods, make an active my_mod.esp file and load all the esp files with it.

Then copy on your my_mod.esp all rings.

At the end uninstall all the mods, merge the files in a data structure and compress them with you my_mod.esp in a my_mod.7z archive.

(For such little files you can also trying to use TESVSnip)

Edited by donews

A bit of an update: The reset of the stats seem to be caused by disabling the SkyRe-Race, so I guess it is not an issue here. Still, though, I would like to know if there is a way to merge mods an keep the scripts intact. I tried not mkaing a new mod but rather copying the stuff to SkyRe_Races, but that did not work either :-(. What a shame

Edited by Aknevrec

Race merging is much, much more tricky then the simple merging of armor and weapons. There are many little things to a race that I don't think the current version of Edit can handle right now. I think your last resort is to create a bashed patch for your mods since that would merge the conflicting records on it's own, but wouldn't be a true merged mod since you would still need the originals. However, since I'm fairly certain a bashed patch would remain working after the records were merged, I would say to merge those records from the patch into your own. if you don't use Wrye Bash, you should since the bashed patch that it is a part of is very useful.

@NWElf

About merging the rings of power mod, I just checked the main file (Though I didn't open it) and it has only 1 ESP file, reading the description in the file page it seems anything before January 16th is included, though it might be there are some that have been left out. As to merging them yourself, it may have failed because there may be errors in the ESPs you are trying to merge.

Pretty much errors in the file means Edit can't handle it sometimes and would give errors itself as it tried to copy the bad records. After opening the files in edit make sure to check them for errors and you might be able to avoid any problems. If all else fails go through the mods one by one until you find the bad egg so to speak.

Race merging is much, much more tricky then the simple merging of armor and weapons. There are many little things to a race that I don't think the current version of Edit can handle right now. I think your last resort is to create a bashed patch for your mods since that would merge the conflicting records on it's own, but wouldn't be a true merged mod since you would still need the originals. However, since I'm fairly certain a bashed patch would remain working after the records were merged, I would say to merge those records from the patch into your own. if you don't use Wrye Bash, you should since the bashed patch that it is a part of is very useful.

I have been using Wrye Bash for some time, but I thought that it could only merge leveled lists. Having to use the original .esps is not an issue for me. I wanted to merge the mods so that they work together. Could you give me a brief (well rather not too brief) tutorial on how to merge mods with Wrye Bash? Thanks.