How To Merge Multiple Mods with Multiple Master Files

MTichenor

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So by creating a merged esp, would it remove the dependency of these mods being in my load order? Thus, if for example i wanted to re release multiple mods into one pack (which I am attempting) I could post this on the nexus, and the file that would be downloaded by the users would be all of the mods merged?

This can be used to merge both a mod and other mods that depend on it. However, you should only do this with mods that you wrote to begin with, otherwise it's a violation of the nexus TnC.

Would it be possible to merge the Unofficial Skyrim and DLC Patches into a single esp?

No.

Theoretically it's possible, but it's impractical since you'd have to fix every single record that referenced a script.

That is what I suspected, but hoped the script part was fixed since this topic started. One can dream.

I can assert this tutorial works great for merging mods that only add items. I successfully merged a dozen weapon mods together. A couple swords had scripts attached that the CK barked about, so I removed those references. All weapons load in game and no problem.

Wow, I'm having a really hard time getting this to work. I can't get more than 2 or 3 mods to merge before Skyrim CTDs on startup. And I'm trying to merge armor mods!

Here's the mods I'm trying to merge:

A Perfect Assassin

Daedric Armblades

Assassin's creed nightingale retexture

Craftable Open Dragon Priest Masks

Bandoliers

Equipment Of Eternal Shine

Project Flintlock

Magicka Sabers

Mask of Blades

Medusa Drakul armors

Night Blood Armor

NG Crossbow

1-handed Crossbow

Silver Dragon Armor

Tribal Might

Does anyone have any idea what's going on? I've tried merging just a few at a time and managed to merge the armblades and open face dragon priest mods together, but every other combination has been unstable and only a few let me even boot up the game. What's up?

Edited by RS13

Hello all, I'm having a tad bit of trouble with this process, wondering if anyone has some advice. I'm at the step where it asks you to highlight the sub folders then deep override, when the menu pops up asking where to override too I know I'm suppose to click on new file but in that menu it only shows two of the mods I highlighted out of like 100. What am i doing wrong?

Wow, I'm having a really hard time getting this to work. I can't get more than 2 or 3 mods to merge before Skyrim CTDs on startup. And I'm trying to merge armor mods!

Here's the mods I'm trying to merge:

A Perfect Assassin

Daedric Armblades

Assassin's creed nightingale retexture

Craftable Open Dragon Priest Masks

Bandoliers

Equipment Of Eternal Shine

Project Flintlock

Magicka Sabers

Mask of Blades

Medusa Drakul armors

Night Blood Armor

NG Crossbow

1-handed Crossbow

Silver Dragon Armor

Tribal Might

Does anyone have any idea what's going on? I've tried merging just a few at a time and managed to merge the armblades and open face dragon priest mods together, but every other combination has been unstable and only a few let me even boot up the game. What's up?

I can't even merge 2, getting a CTD immediately after the logo before Continue/New/Load/Credits etc pops up.

Anyone got an idea?

Edited by neiljwd

CTD was due to a bad mod, not a bad merge.

Anyway I can NOT get this to work, I've read the whole thread, and tried all the various methods, and I can NOT get my merges to work properly, 90% of the time, the items are 'there' but don't show up on my body, or the mesh is there, but there's no textures. This is despite the merge mods showing the exact same paths as the original mods.

Even updated TES Edit to 3.029, no better.

Just can't get this to work at all, the instructions seem step-by-step detailed enough, they just do not work at all for me on the armour mods I'm trying to merge. That's it, just simple clothing/armour mods.

Well I'm back figured it quite a bit. Probs been going for 20 hours - lol @ me.

Anyhoo, some mods are just bad. They plain don't work. I've now succesfuly got 23 armour esp's combined into 1 esp, and yet some others just don't play nice and won't merge. Perhaps Cleaning in TES Edit might help - but I can only fail at one problem at once :P

And then for combining files I had to do it one at once. No multiples, just wouldn't work.

So I'd RicghtClick 'ArmourModOne' renumber its form Ids to say 111111
Then I'd I'd RightClick 'ArmourModTWO' and renumber its form Ids to 111222.

Click into their little expansion + symbols, to open up the file subdirectorys, would then show they were all bolded black (meaning edited).
I'd then click any one of these, and press CTRL + A (select all) and it would highlight all of the edits I'd made.
Right clicking on one, select deep copy override.
I'd name the file 'ArmourMergeOne' or such.
Then click the cross to exit, UNTick ArmourModOne and ArmourModTwo, but leave ArmourMergeOne TICKED, so it saves.

I'd then start TES Edit up again.

And Renumber form ID's of ArmourMerge One.
Then renumber ID's of say ArmourModThree.
Deep copy overrideinto newfile ArmourMergeTwo.

And repeat, 1 file at once, into a new esp file each time.

-Not forgetting to remove all master file dependencies from file header bar Skyrim.esm

Should be noted it only combines the .esp's! All the texture and meshes you'll need to put together yourself.

Hope this helps someone, but I find the process very hit and miss, and not totally guaranteed.

Edited by neiljwd