How To Merge Multiple Mods with Multiple Master Files

MTichenor

I have a problem merging mods. After merging some mods, I can play Skyrim without problem, but if I quit Skyrim and then open it again, the loading screen never ends, and it solves by disabling the mod, loading the game, saving, enabling the mod again and loading. But it is too much annoying enabling and disabling the mod every time I want to play Skyrim. How can I solve this? Am I doing something wrong? Thanks.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The guide has a flaw.

When you deep copy override from one plugin to another, it will only copy a record if it doesn't already exist in the new plugin. You need copy from each mod individually starting from the bottom and going up your load order. If you do it the way stated in the guide (highlighting all branches from all mods at once), it will start copying from the topmost mod in your selection list and go downwards. The result is that If two mods alter the same record.. you will be getting the record that was first in the load order, and not the last one.

Also, i wouldn't put too much trust in TES5Edit for doing that on a huge load order. I tried it once, and when i got near the top of my load order, some records didn't get copied over.. and a few other records got garbled.

Edited by gorey666

• 2 weeks later...

While I don't mind merging my mods by hand, has there been any word of a tool that can automate this process? I keep checking on Gecko, but it hasn't been updated in some time, and unlike Fallout and Oblivion, it doesn't have the capability to auto-merge my mods...

Hello there, I followed this guide to the T but I ran across this error message as I went to close it out.

Record [ENCH:7165063E] (places NULL -Null Reference [00000000] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of MehrunesDagonShrine "Shrine of Mehrunes Dagon" [CELL:0002529E]) can not be contained in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of MehrunesDagonShrine "Shrine of Mehrunes Dagon" [CELL:0002529E]

I haven't closed the program and I'm hoping to resolve the problem without having to start over from stage one.

I tried to merge the different ESP's of "Immersive Settlements" into one.

I worked just after the tutorial, but everytime, my TESVEdit is hangig when I try to create the new file T.T

Don't renumber the form id's, and manually check through to see that the process worked as intended. I'm saying this because when I renumbered form id's, the scripts could no longer find the id's they were looking for (because they had been changed) and it caused ctd at startup. That said, without renumbering, you need to check that things copied over the way they were supposed to. Manually correct anything you need to.

Edit: I retract my previous statement, I'm fairly certain the issue I was having is not due to merging these files after renumbering the form id's. Stick with the original instructions. Or use the new mod matortheeternal released!

Edited by Nudedragon

I could write a TES5Edit script to do exactly this process in like... 20 minutes.

Maybe.

I'll get back to you guys.

Update:

I'll have to figure out how to deep copy as override via script command...

Nevermind. wbCopyElementToFile(baserecord, newfile, False, True) is deep copy as override.

Update 2:

I'm at the remove masters step now. I wasn't quite able to change the FormIDs in my script yet, but I'm sure I can figure that out eventually. I really want to find the proper renumber FormID function...

Edited by matortheeternal

I would love a script that would renumber the form IDs...that is my main problem, removing the masters is simple enough, but renumbering the ids for each mod I want to merge, it's easy to make a mistake and double up the ids, at least for me.