HEADS UP: For those that have broken dragon soul absorbption with Drag

Madcat221

Arthmoor worked quick, Unofficial Dragonborn Patch v1.0 is already up.

when I had the unofficial patches in my game earlier on it crashed at the draw bridge to whiterun shortly after getting a letter from the courier from a friend, I think the unofficial patches need updating!..

Can't say I'm terribly surprised, also very glad I didn't pre-order. Would be livid right now had I done so.

Please do not be "livid" with Arthmoor or immediately jump to the conclusion that an Unofficial Patch is to blame. These are the reasons why the comments threads on all of them are closed.

EDIT: Except for UDBP's it seems. For now... :unsure:

• 4 months later...

No, actually it DOES mean you either have the wrong load order, or the UDBP isn't activated even though NMM may have told you otherwise. It's notorious for not actually doing so.

Barring that, you should make sure you DON'T have Data\Scripts\DragonActorScript.pex laying about in there.

Installing loose scripts as stopgap fixes is generally a bad idea because they tend to get forgotten and when updates to them happen in the BSA files, you'll be scratching your head wondering why it's not working.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm having the dragon soul absorption problem. It started with the installation of Dragonborn. I have found two ways to 'correct' it: 1) deactivate EVERY non-Bethesda created esm, esp, mod, patch, etc; or 2) deactivate Dragonborn. I have tried doing a cleaning with TES5Edit, adding the DragonActorScript, deleting the DragonActorScript, installing, updating, reinstalling all of the patches (official and unofficial), doing a complete uninstall, deletion, redownload, and reinstall of the entire game, and nothing seems to be correcting the issue. Bethesda has been no help, because it works if only their sanctioned content works. Anyone have a *new* idea I might not have tried?

I'm having the dragon soul absorption problem. It started with the installation of Dragonborn. I have found two ways to 'correct' it: 1) deactivate EVERY non-Bethesda created esm, esp, mod, patch, etc; or 2) deactivate Dragonborn. I have tried doing a cleaning with TES5Edit, adding the DragonActorScript, deleting the DragonActorScript, installing, updating, reinstalling all of the patches (official and unofficial), doing a complete uninstall, deletion, redownload, and reinstall of the entire game, and nothing seems to be correcting the issue. Bethesda has been no help, because it works if only their sanctioned content works. Anyone have a *new* idea I might not have tried?

I didn't have this issue until recently. The only thing I changed was I installed newer versions of USKP and UDBP. Now I can't absorb soals. If I disable either patch, or the Dragonborn DLC, my game crashes immediately. Can't even get to the menu.

• 1 month later...

I had this issue after installing Skyrim on my new computer, and re-installing all of my favorite, previously unproblematic mods. What I found that worked immediately was to correct my load order to the one described in the UDBP description or readme.

Skyrim

Update

USKP

Dawngaurd

UDGP

Hearthfire

UHFP

Dragonborn

UDBP

Official Hi-res DLC

Unofficial Hi res patch

This only worked for me because when I went to delete DragonActorScript, I couldn't find it. It didn't exist. So I checked my load order.