Forum upgrade complete, still some work to do

Dark0ne

It’s been a long day but 8 hours after taking the forums offline we’ve now put them back online with the necessary updates in place. There’s still quite a bit of work to do, tweaks and performance enhancements to make, but the majority of the functionality should now be in place and we’ve re-enabled mod publishing and commenting on the sites.

We’ve all got to get used to the changes that have been made by this latest version and we’re still trying to find our way around things and remember all the old settings we had in place before. While we use Invision Board for our forums we’ve made a hell of a lot of edits and tweaks to both the software and the servers over the years to be extremely optimised for the amount of traffic the sites receive. This latest update has wiped out all of those optimisations so we’ve got to try and get it back to how it all was before.

We’ve been testing out the new software over the past couple of weeks and while we can test for most things, we can’t stress test for the 100’s of requests the forums receive every second when things go live. Please bear with us, everything should be as it should be soon.

In the meantime if you’re one of our forum users feel free to do some exploring. I’m sure a lot has changed in the software. Don’t like how the posting forms now look? Me either.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that's a major improvement! Well done team nexus! =D

And the posting form isnt that bad actually. Only thing that bothers me about it is the darned font set by my browser. >.<

Edited by Urwy

It looks fine enough for me :) . It will take time for me to get used,but i'm sure i will XD . I'm glad that message saying that this update could last until christmas was not true o.o haha XD .

Anyway,nice work again Nexus <3

Edited by Thanya

forums look really good, and about speed, i find it quite fast, hard to compare as it was fast already before, but no problems there, except one 504 gateway timeout or something like that, reloaded really fast then and no more errors.