Dragonborn MQ is still broken and unplayable

Illuminated888

In fact all of Skyrim seems to be broken. Dark brotherhood quest will not start even after doing the Innocence Lost quest. The courier never delivers the creepy message. I used the console to start the DB questline which worked for all of a single quest because after I did the first contracts I didn't get anymore contracts. They all just kept saying that they have no contracts for me and I am not using the console to do an entire questline. I still cannot absorb dragonsouls despite the varied, and don't get me wrong, quite generous tips from you guys. So the main quest of vanilla Skyrim AND the DB DLC are broken beyond anything I can do. At this point I cannot believe that even after an extra month of waiting PC still gets this broken piece of junk despite years of loyalty to Bethesda and The Elder Scrolls franchise in general. I loved Morrowind, loved Oblivion, and loved this game until Dragonborn screwed it up. I have no idea what to do now. I still have access to other quests and stuff but I cannot do the dark brotherhood and the main quests are broken. It's really ticking me off. Even people who have no mods are seeing the dragon souls problem so I know it isn't my mods and the unofficial patches do not help at all. I just feel like Xbox has gotten most of the love and bias. PC and PS3 get a boat load of glitches and sometimes game breaking issues. PS3 has waited MONTHS for Dawnguard. Xbox has some problems but none of them are dealing with this kind of game breaking crap. I feel ripped off. I mean do we seriously have to wait for yet another patch, which will not come out for a long time, just to play this game, and get my 20 bucks worth?

That's becuase Xbox has gotten most of the love, but actually, PC is more stable. The reason we seem to have more issues is becuase we install modifications for our games. These mods are absolutely amazing, of course, however the dev's can't make content while taking mods into consideration because nothing would get done. That's why it's a user's choice to either install mods, or to not install mods, hence we have issues.

As far as Dragonborn goes, I haven't had any issues with it besides the occasional crash every few hours. I completed the mainquest today and everything went smoothly. Your best bet to having a stable game is to not use overhauls. I know they are awesome (I love them, too), but I will not use any of them until Bethesda is done making new DLC/patches. All I have installed are weapon/armor mods, a few quest mods, quest fixes, patches, graphical fixes for the official texture packs, and stuff like that; nothing heavy.

I know this might not help much, but hopfully it will serve as some advice for future characters.

-Elsarian

PC Dragonborn actually worked great for me, only had one glitch ...uhmm, even forgot what that was.
EDIT: Oh, oh, I recall the glitch, I couldnt ride the Dragons ...it was a mod that placed Skeleton.nif in the Dragon mesh folder ...one simple little item shut the MQ down for me, as you see, it doesnt take much.

EDIT: I played Dragonborn with a level 81.5 toon (maxed out), so I had 70 Dragon Souls to start.

But then BOSS only counts 46 mods I've loaded ...so I'm more likely to have a stable load.

** I know me stating that I am having no issues doesnt help you, may in fact grate on you (either help or dont post) but letting you know that HIGHLY likely that you have either a mod interfereing or a corrupted game.

Edited by Sirropoo

He won't leave that state if he can't absorb a Dragon Soul to heal himself, which is a common problem allegedly caused by using the USKP, but is fixed by using the UDBP. I'm running with 250 mods and the only problems I had were caused by a mod that replaces skeletons. I think DB is actually very stable and well tested. But some mods totally mess it up.

@Blitzen: what skeleton are you using which conflicts with Dragonborn if I may ask? (I use "well placed Quivers")

I have not bought it yet mostly because I was worried it might conflict with some of my 100 or so mods - but after reading these posts, I may try it after all...