Need help to mod

Wolf382

Alright next let's have a look at the OBSE log file. It's in the game's Oblivion folder and you're looking for the file named obse.log (though you may not see the file extension).

Just copy all of the text from inside that file (it will open in NotePad when you double click on it) and paste it into a post on here.

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK I've had a look through the UOP mod comments and I think I may have found the source of the problem (though I'm still not very clear on why it is causing a problem).

First open OBMM and double click the blue Unofficial Oblivion Patch OMOD you have installed and the box should turn green (showing it is now uninstalled).

Next in Windows Explorer find the Oblivion\obmm\mods folder and delete the OMOD you created for the Unofficial Oblivion Patch (so find the name you gave the UOP when you did the Add Archive and Create step and delete it).

Next go to the folder you downloaded the Unofficial Oblivion Patch to and extract it to that same folder.

Next create a new folder and call it UOP_Download. Go back to where you orginally downloaded the UOP to (and just extracted the download) and find Unofficial Oblivion Patch-5296-3-5-6b-1589151835.7z and right click on it and select Cut and then go to the UOP_Download folder you just created and right click it and select Paste.

Now open OBMM and instead of Add Archive you want to select Add Folder and then when it's done Create OMOD. You could check to see that it is adding eveything by selecting first the Plugins radio button down in the bottom middle of the OMOD Creator dialogue and then select Data Files ... you should see a short list showing the ESPs first and then a long list showing all of the files.

When OBMM is done that try activating that UOP OMOD and see if you still get the lock up.

when i delete the folder i was wondering if i could launche the game it did but the clothe and armor is invisible

and when put the mod in OBMM its not green its red when i press it is ask overwrite stuff and i sad yes

it will now launch but the clothing and armor is back to vanila

Striker, you're an awesome and patient dude for helping out.

Wolf, I know from coworkers that dyslexia can make some tasks a struggle - if you have a question, message me and we can find a time to talk on discord. Striker is far more knowledgeable than I am though :laugh:

Edit: oop, I can see you are using omods. I don't use those, so help I can provide is limited to load order and conflicts.

Edited by snargel

Striker, you're an awesome and patient dude for helping out.

Wolf, I know from coworkers that dyslexia can make some tasks a struggle - if you have a question, message me and we can find a time to talk on discord. Striker is far more knowledgeable than I am though :laugh:

Edit: oop, I can see you are using omods. I don't use those, so help I can provide is limited to load order and conflicts.

thank you :laugh: its hard you know just to write stuff and read to understand it

so i take all the help i can get

been stuck for long time and it was so many people that dont want to take the time and effort for someone who struggle to understan all the big words

thank god for Striker and good people like you that wants to help :happy: i almost want to cry to finely get some help

Keep in mind that the crying may make reading even more difficult Wolf. I'm not saying don't do it by any means ... it's good for the soul. Just know when it's time to get on with life, grab the box of Kleenex for a quick wipe and start putting one foot in front of the other.

The red box is a flag that things are not right ... think of it as OBMM putting up a stop sign, telling you it's time to look both ways before crossing. Which mods were the ones showing the red box exactly ... the DLC and Shivering Isles unofficial patches?

This may be another spot to use our "start off fresh" and copy/paste the backup Data folder trick, but if you want we can also take the time to try and figure out what went wrong. I always say I don't learn diddly from doing things right ... it's when I make mistakes that I can learn valuable stuff.

What do you think?

_ Edit - If you want some background on what I read in the UOP mod comments go back to an August 14 2020 post by Rogash94 and read the reply that TheRomans gave.

i want to continue i can copy past a new one but im still unsure what to do

and i didnt install the dlc i only install the (Unofficial Oblivion Patch)

i didnt want to install other i was to scared of mess it up

and also i dont know what theromans saying

i understan that i doesnt work with obmm

This file archive is not scripted to work automatically with OBMM or TESMM or Vortex or Nexus MM.
It is ready to work with Wrye Bash
With OBMM you need to do a partially manual installation rather than installing from the archive.
1. Decompress the file into a folder.
2. remove any parts you do not want in the OMOD like the optional .esps, readmes etc, keep at least the main .esp and the data files.
3 Make an OMOD from the folder.

Wrye Bash is another mod manager, similar to OBMM but it does have more bells and whistles than OBMM. Your mod wish list means that we will need to use some of the features that Wrye Bash offers, but we aren't near that spot in your list yet.

Some downloads come with an installation script to walk you through the options (like EVE and Robert Male did). What TheRomans is saying is that the UOP does not have that help.

So let's go back to a fresh Steam install and then start the game to see that it works. Then do the copy and paste of the Data folder from backup, and once again start the game and see if everything works.

Then we will try getting the Unofficial Oblivion Patch using the method that TheRomans has outlined ... when you get done with the fresh Steam install and copy/paste I'll walk you through the steps.

Ok now, you should have the Unofficial Oblivion Patch already downloaded to a folder. I want you to create a new folder and name it UOP_Installed.

Next copy the downloaded UOP file named Unofficial Oblivion Patch-5296-3-5-6b-1589151835.7z in your original download folder and copy and paste it into your newly created UOP_Install folder.

Now extract Unofficial Oblivion Patch-5296-3-5-6b-1589151835.7z in the UOP_Install folder using 7-Zip.

We will now have a bunch of files and folders in the UOP_Install folder plus we will still have the file Unofficial Oblivion Patch-5296-3-5-6b-1589151835.7z and we can delete the Unofficial Oblivion Patch-5296-3-5-6b-1589151835.7z file.

Now open OBMM and click the Create button. Instead of Add Archive this time we will use the Add Folder button. Navigate to the UOP_Install folder and then Create OMOD.

Back in the main OBMM screen you should have the UOP showing with a green box ... double click it to activate the OMOD.

Make sure that the left panel has a tick mark beside Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp but turn off the tick mark beside Oblivion Citadel Door Fix.esp and UOP Vampire Aging & Face Fix.esp (so we will only have the main UOP activated).

Run BOSS and sort your load order, and then start the game and see if it is working or not.