Mods Not Working on new PC!

GowiHasti

Yes, it sounds like the game isn't finding your mesh and/or texture folders. If you go into your Skyrim/Data folder, are they there? If so, is there anything in them?

Is your Skyrim install in a folder with full read/write permissions?

Yes, they are there and the files are inside.

Probably not full permission as its in C Program Files (x86), but so was my old one though I can not remember if I did anything to the folder at the time, it was around 4 years ago.

I have a major problem! My old computer failed and I had to get a new one. I installed Skyrim on it like I did the old one, copied the folder contents from my old PC over (I had it backed up from not too long ago thankfully and didn't want to loose any of my mods including some private ones) and then I loaded the game and found none of my mods are working! The custom outfit I was wearing is invisible, the underwear replacer even though in the same place only shows up only as default. I double checked installation folder, re installed and still same problem! What can I do?! I am literally at my wits end! WTH is going on?!

Are the file paths to your Skyrim\Data folder the exact same as the file paths to your old Skyrim installation?

Yup, thats why I don't get it and why I am so confused and lost as to whats going on?

Should I actually TRY installing to another folder or what?

• 2 weeks later...

Copy the .esp and any associated texture/mesh/script files to another location before starting over. When you get up and running again, package everything into a .zip file and install it like any other mod.

Ok, so I finally got some free time, so I tried installing this mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/70464

with nexus mod manager but never got the override question it says to expect and even though I installed and activated it from .rar I have the same problem as before in game, the mesh replacement doesn't show up and this is only my first mod to try to get to work! Whats going on?

Did you also copy the GAME to your new computer?

Because you need to install it in order for the registry entries to be correct.

Also, don't forget that your INI files in C:\users\YOUR NAME\Documents\My Games\Skyrim folder also contain all the info about file paths etc.

I installed then copied the folder over the top of the install folder.

Maybe we found the problem.... in my .ini files the only file path I see anything about is regarding save game path. It should be more than that right?

Also, don't forget that your INI files in C:\users\YOUR NAME\Documents\My Games\Skyrim folder also contain all the info about file paths etc.

Maybe we found the problem.... in my .ini files the only file path I see anything about is regarding save game path. It should be more than that right?

Yea, it should contain the paths of the BSA files, the audio, video settings, it should contain a TON of stuff

Yea, it should contain the paths of the BSA files, the audio, video settings, it should contain a TON of stuff

Well it does have some video/audio settings, a few other things but nothing about the BSA files. I have no idea how that happened but surely that must be it. So, where do I find a proper copy to adjust, or what shall I do?