Need Help with OBSE and the Blockhead Plugin

TLC77

After uninstalling Cyrodiil Rebuild you rebuilt your bashed pach before testing ... correct?

In what way are you determining that Blockhead is not working?

Yes, I sorted load order and rebuilt my bashed patch.

I determined that Blockhead didn't work, because even when I launch Oblivion with Blockhead itself, the faces aren't all messed up (i.e the cursed black eyed-no haired imperial).

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Blockhead by default maps the arrow keys to camera movement when in the character customization menu, if that doesn't work when starting a new game you either disabled/changed that or its not working

What does obse.log say? Does it say that blockhead has loaded? (Make sure it actually updates as well)

clearing large-address-aware flag (flags offset = 0000011E checksum offset = 00000160)
recorrecting exe checksum (00793BFD -> 00793BDD)
crc = A2408F04
You are trying to use a Steam version of Oblivion. Steam users should launch the game through Steam, not by running obse_loader.exe. If OBSE fails to load, go to Steam > Settings > In Game and check the box marked "Enable Steam community in game". Please see the instructions in obse_readme.txt for more information.
(Also it used to be that I could move the camera with arrow keys, but for some reason it doesn't anymore. This was even before i changed to xOBSE.)

If you were to have an OBSE.log it would be in the game's Oblivion folder.

If it is not there then OBSE is not working.

Welp, I don't know what else to do. I tried getting rid of the src folder from OBSE but it didn't work.

Follow the installation instructions for OBSE that come in the OBSE zip file

[ Installation ]
IF YOU ARE USING THE STEAM VERSION OF OBLIVION:
1. Copy obse_1_2_416.dll, obse_editor_1_2.dll, obse_steam_loader.dll and the Data folder to your Oblivion directory. This is usually "C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\common\oblivion".
2. Ensure you have enabled the Steam community in-game, or OBSE will fail to load. Go to Steam > Settings > In-Game and check the box marked "Enable Steam Community In-Game".
3. Launch Oblivion via Steam or by running Oblivion.exe. OBSE will automatically be run along with Oblivion when launched. To disable this, rename or move obse_steam_loader.dll. You do not need to use obse_loader.exe unless you are running the editor.

Did you try the experimental support for launching obse_loader.exe directly with steam? Rename OblivionLauncher.exe to something and obse_loader.exe to OblivionLauncher.exe and try running the game from Steam. It might work, it does for me on Linux

Nope, didn't work. Whenever I try loading Oblivion it tells me to "have steam overlay" and that "you are running the steam version, steam users should bla bla bla". But whenever I try loading "oblivion.exe" (oblivionlauncher.exe) then the menu just reopens whenever I press play.

Follow the installation instructions for OBSE that come in the OBSE zip file

[ Installation ]
IF YOU ARE USING THE STEAM VERSION OF OBLIVION:
1. Copy obse_1_2_416.dll, obse_editor_1_2.dll, obse_steam_loader.dll and the Data folder to your Oblivion directory. This is usually "C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\common\oblivion".
2. Ensure you have enabled the Steam community in-game, or OBSE will fail to load. Go to Steam > Settings > In-Game and check the box marked "Enable Steam Community In-Game".
3. Launch Oblivion via Steam or by running Oblivion.exe. OBSE will automatically be run along with Oblivion when launched. To disable this, rename or move obse_steam_loader.dll. You do not need to use obse_loader.exe unless you are running the editor.

I already did that a long time ago.