Formal Warning?

beebophuckleberry

I asked a question on a mod page because the information I was looking for wasn't in the description page and I didn't find the answer in the comments. The modder rudely replied to my question, "Yes. Asked, answered and explained several times again."

Why is this person being rude because I asked a question? I replied saying "Here's a thought, if you have to keep answering and explaining then how about putting this info in the description so we don't have to ask? Viola! Problem solved. You rude Idiot."

Nexus gave me a formal warning?

EDIT: It's informal warning, not a formal warning. My mistake. Still, I got a warning.

Edited by beebophuckleberry

"You rude idiot" ... do you talk to your Mom this way?

Therein lies the answer to your question.

Another FYI for you ... discussing moderation issues in the Forum will lead to further trouble for you (just a heads up, it is against the Terms of Service for the site).

Guest deleted34304850

just be nice, ask nice and understand that the mod author is under no obligation whatsoever to humour you, or anyone else.

if you get a reply, say thank you and move on. if you get a reply you don't like, just move on.

just be nice, ask nice and understand that the mod author is under no obligation whatsoever to humour you, or anyone else.

if you get a reply, say thank you and move on. if you get a reply you don't like, just move on.

Sage advice.

I asked a question on a mod page because the information I was looking for wasn't in the description page and I didn't find the answer in the comments. The modder rudely replied to my question, "Yes. Asked, answered and explained several times again."

Why is this person being rude because I asked a question? I replied saying "Here's a thought, if you have to keep answering and explaining then how about putting this info in the description so we don't have to ask? Viola! Problem solved. You rude Idiot."

Nexus gave me a formal warning?

EDIT: It's informal warning, not a formal warning. My mistake. Still, I got a warning.

The absolute WORST thing you could do as a follow up to the initial incident, was to post this publicly on the forums, because it looks like you're trying to garner sympathy and get people "On your side"

You've made the situation worse, and could possible get that "Informal Warning" changed to a "Formal Warning"

You're not supposed to discuss these matters? I wasn't aware because there is a thread that announces warnings and bans... that made me think these matters are publicly discussed. Sorry for that moderators. Lock or delete this if necessary.

If users are asking the same question, and the answer to that question isn't available, then why would someone reply rudely to that inquiry? If the modder doesn't want to post that information then that is up to them, but don't treat people bad for asking. That's not nice, it's not responsible, it's not considerate, and the Nexus community shouldn't treat each other that way.

Sure, I became abrasive and said 'idiot' but only after the other person was abrasive to me. For some reason my emotions and the way I'm treated aren't considered.

I've learned something today. In the future I'll stay quiet. Instead, I'll start reporting rude people without saying anything.

Thanks for the responses :)

An Informal Warning is basically us saying "Hey, you did something that's not great and a pattern of this behaviour will get you in trouble." it goes you the chance to know what happened without the warning being publicly visible to the entire community. Of course, in your case, everyone reading this topic now knows you go a warning...

If you have further concerns about it, please either PM me or contact [email protected]. As has been pointed out, we don't allow public discussion of moderation.