TLC77

Hey so, recently I have reinstalled Steam and all of my games into a new hard drive and I decided to redownload all of my mods using MO2. The problem is, when I install a mod into FO3, FNV, or any other game, it tells me that all the files have been successfully installed yet when I go into the data folder, there are no mod files or plugins that MO2 allegedly installed. I went into the settings and changed up all of the paths so that it no longer references the C:, but the D: drive where my Steam resides. I tried reinstalling some mods but there are no files installed. Here is how I changed it up https://imgur.com/a/2WL0Kmr. Thanks in advance!

I note you are also asking about FOMM as well. Both these "mod managers" work differently. FOMM populates the "Data" folder with the copies of the actual files selected for the "load order", while VFS managers (such as NMM, MO, MO2, and Vortex) work from an "empty 'Data' folder" concept where "symlinks" are created from the actual file locations into the "profile" folder, and then these symlinks are copied into the "Data" folder when that "profile" is chosen for a game session, and deleted from the "Data" folder when that game session is closed. (The advantage of symlinks is that they are small "shortcuts" which save on disk space.) While you can use FOMM to populate the "Data" folder, the VFS managers will not know about those files as from mods and will treat the files as part of the default game files. But otherwise they are compatible as long as you remember which are managed by which tool.

There are links to various videos and tutorials on the main mod managers under the 'Mod Managers' section of the wiki "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article. It is best to become familiar with how any mod manager(s) you use work and where they store files.

-Dubious-

It also sounds, like you're trying to use MULTIPLE mod managers, like FOMM for FOOK, and MO2 for others

You shouldn't mix mod managers.

Yea, after reading what you guys said I'll try not to have this ridiculous number of mod managers.

It also sounds, like you're trying to use MULTIPLE mod managers, like FOMM for FOOK, and MO2 for others

Yea, after reading what you guys said I'll try not to have this ridiculous number of mod managers.

How many are you using for one game?

Scratch that, I have another question, can MO2 download .fomod files?

Edit: Ok so it appears that even though MO2 downloads the mods, it shows the plugins are active, and loot can modify their load order, they are just not present in the game. They are just gone zero, zinch, nothing. It doesn't matter if the file is .fomod or .zip or whatever. This is weird.

Edited by TLC77

I note you are also asking about FOMM as well. Both these "mod managers" work differently. FOMM populates the "Data" folder with the copies of the actual files selected for the "load order", while VFS managers (such as NMM, MO, MO2, and Vortex) work from an "empty 'Data' folder" concept where "symlinks" are created from the actual file locations into the "profile" folder, and then these symlinks are copied into the "Data" folder when that "profile" is chosen for a game session, and deleted from the "Data" folder when that game session is closed. (The advantage of symlinks is that they are small "shortcuts" which save on disk space.) While you can use FOMM to populate the "Data" folder, the VFS managers will not know about those files as from mods and will treat the files as part of the default game files. But otherwise they are compatible as long as you remember which are managed by which tool.

There are links to various videos and tutorials on the main mod managers under the 'Mod Managers' section of the wiki "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article. It is best to become familiar with how any mod manager(s) you use work and where they store files.

-Dubious-

Ok so it appears that even though MO2 downloads the mods, it shows the plugins are active, and loot can modify their load order, they are just not present in the game. They are just gone zero, zinch, nothing. It doesn't matter if the file is .fomod or .zip or whatever. THis is weird.

-Dubious-

Ok so it appears that even though MO2 downloads the mods, it shows the plugins are active, and loot can modify their load order, they are just not present in the game. They are just gone zero, zinch, nothing. It doesn't matter if the file is .fomod or .zip or whatever. THis is weird.

When using MO2 YOU WILL NOT SEE ESP, BSA, BA2, ESM files from Mods in your Fallout New Vegas\DATA FOLDER.

That's how MO2 works, it uses a Virtual Files System.

Do you have a MO2 "profile" defined for your FNV character and are you selecting that profile before you launch the game? The profile determines which mod plugins get symlinked to the "Data" folder.

I also note you now have three different threads related your same basic problem of how to use your mod manager of choice properly. This causes both unnecessary work and disjointed or possibly conflicting advice. Suggest you add a post to two of those threads pointing to the one where you tracking the responses to your preferred approach, so people will consolidate there. (You can <right-click> | "copy link location" from the thread heading in the forum to paste into your post.)

-Dubious-