[WIP] Warmaiden Female Power Armor

hopventure

So...I'm actually surprised no one has done this yet, so I took it upon myself to do it.

I didn't want to post until I was ready to do the weighting, but I just had to show off the design and get a response from the community.

Behold the Warmaidens, a special all-female division of the 101st Engineering Battalion based out of Salem, MA.
This prototype suit was commissioned for use by the Warmaidens, but then the bombs hit and it was thought lost forever...

I'd been using Justice's wonderful NAVI Power Armor for some time, but there were parts of it I didn't like. One of those things was having to use the pilot suit in order to spawn the special frame. I built these armor pieces to fit over the default frame, so it should be friendly for all users no matter what body or outfit you have.

What you see here is all that is complete at the moment. Once I have the color maps done I'll get it over to Blender for weighting and hopefully into the game proper. This is the first time I've done this, so please be patient. Once finished I plan to make it equivalent to the X1 power armor, so it might be a bit OP right out of the gate.

Any pointers other modders can supply will be GREATLY appreciated. I'll even accept offers to import the mesh into the game because I really don't look forward to dealing with the CK or FO4Edit.

de7mb7e-bc2c7d52-aa2a-4a55-90c5-c94b2672

Not a fan of the helm but nice work on the rest

To be honest, I'm not quite sold on it myself. Was going to something like the T-60 helm with a smoother finish. The textured version is starting to look pretty nice, but maybe if I altered the mouthpiece a bit it would have a different feel? Don't want to get too crazy because I already predict it's going to be a challenge just to make the base mod. I tried doing some armor in Skyrim way back and the Creation Kit just never liked me.