How to mirror Vortex installation?

ID8879488948574
Go to solution Solved by ID8879488948574,

So, the premise: I want to migrate my stuff to another PC. And of course, that would mean reinstalling games that I have, but since I have steam - not big deal, at worst I can redownload those.

But the problem is: I want to also have the exact setup of all the mods managed by Vortex for my games. And here redownloading mods is definitely not an option:

First, there are hundreds of them (across Skyrim + Fallout4 it's likely more than a thousand)

Second, custom deployment rules. Pages and pages of it

Third, rules within deployment rules - some mods have custom overrides on the file level (i.e. it is possible that some files are used from one mod and some from another and then vice versa). This is on purpose and I know what I'm doing there

Fourth, I need to have the staging folder intact. Because there are some mods which are not hosted on the Nexus, some are just no longer available and some I created myself (not published)

The "easiest" way that comes to my mind is to just create a mirror image of the whole disk since, thankfully, I was wise enough 5 years ago and didn't put it to the OS drive. But the issue is - that's around 800Gb of data on that disk. If I cleanup some space maybe it is 500Gb, but it's still way beyond the free space I can have on the old PC

So, maybe there is some procedure which will allow me to keep:

- Staging folder

- Deployment manifesto

- Install order

- Load order

- Whatever else I might be missing here

On the new PC? I get it, it's a long shot, but it's a history of refinement over close to 5 years + some data that possible only exists on the old PC (literally nowhere else in the world :P)

Any hints are greatly appreciated!

Edited by Dellecross