Can I choose mod components for Dain's fixes with Vortex?

Alonshowman

I want to add Dain's fixes to my installation of Dragon Age: Origins, and I want to be able to choose what components to install. However, when I try to install with Vortex (v1.3.13) it just installs the mod without allowing me to choose anything. Is it possible to choose components for this mod with Vortex or do I have to install it in a different way?

For the record, I looked for information about this in the video tutorials, the wiki and the FAQ, but couldn't find anything.

No, the mod author didn't write an installer for it, so you either need to extract the zip file, and repackage it with the options you want, and install it with vortex that way, or install manually (As his instructions say to do while picking and choosing which options you want installed)

Thank you for your quick answer. So which of the two options is preferable? Is it OK to have some mods installed with Vortex and others installed manually or should I expect to run into problems if I do that?

No, the mod author didn't write an installer for it, so you either need to extract the zip file, and repackage it with the options you want, and install it with vortex that way, or install manually (As his instructions say to do while picking and choosing which options you want installed)

Thank you for your quick answer. So which of the two options is preferable? Is it OK to have some mods installed with Vortex and others installed manually or should I expect to run into problems if I do that?

For convenience it's better to repackage it with the options you want. but manually would work too, but Vortex wouldn't be aware of the files for that mod, so could accidentally overwrite something in it