Top five WORST MMO's/RPG's

Kellao

My personal Worst 5 =

5. World Of war craft.

Honestly, i don't get the big deal. i played when it first came out, ive even tried going back. boring. same stuff different day, even the expansions, take lich king, a new map, some new skills and a new class or two... way to push the limits. unfortunately this game will never become any different because lets face it, with the mass populace of players, trying to push any new boundaries is like stepping on extremely thin ice. when you compare to games such as guild wars ( each expansion opened up a whole new world, storyline, classes, weapons etc, pretty much a new game, and EvE on-line, a complete graphics overhaul, new ships have a huge impact on the game etc. As far as blizzard are concerned, you got a winning formula, you stick to that formula. unfortunately to me that is a major yawn buster. each ex[ansion just seems to be dropping more of the same crap into the mix.

4. Cutise japanese generic garbage

ok so maybe not just 1 game, but the whole Genre. there are 1000 games pumped out all with this horrible "3D" basic naff that took about 10 minute to create. example would be Rose on-line, Fiesta etc.. Why the hell someone would think making a character, to kill a bunch of worms, just so you can become strong enough to go kill a bunch of crabs and so on is beyond me.

i cant even begin to imagine why such game even sell. and the worst thing is they don't sell, they're free, but people pump so much money into them ( more then playing a decent MMORPG ) to get a cool new hat for $10, or some new shoes for $20 because they sparkle. there's no storyline, the quests revolve around pounding a set number of worms because they "ate all my vegetables boo hoo".

3. Tabula Rasa

What a drop kick in the nuts. if they're ever was a game in development with so much over hyped bull spewing from the dev's mouth, this was it. "use the terrain to your advantage, fully explorable worlds in a huge universe, pilot drop ships and other vehicles to move your squad through battle", are all things i personally had read from dev blogs in the upcoming months to game launch. so like a good 21 year old with nothing better to do , on launch day, i got up at 8 am, got to town for 9am to pick up my limited edition pre-order, got home, installed, updated, made an account, got in the game, seriously, a granny wearing a mini skirt and thong, bending over in front of me, would've been less of an anti climax. so after a week of grinding and leveling up, to see these cool "features", i got extremely pissed off ( with about 90% of the other player populace ) and quit. millions on launch, prob about 2 people now. and even if you put the bitterness that the game delivered nothing as promised aside, that game just sucks.

2. Oblivion

Im gonna take some hurt for this one on these forums... but here goes. Morrowind opened my eyes to what a magical world games could be. it took me 6 months to even start the storyline it was that much fun. running around aimlessly was a pleasure, every 5 minutes id come across some wonderfully created village, homes made from giant crab shells, villages in trees, every town had such a unique feel and architecture, the land scape was so vast, from green lush grass to the top of a volcano.

now for my oblivion experience = ok, really nice looking grass , trees, live stock roaming, Awesome!!!, run run run , oo a city and its all kinda old style English castles and Tudor houses etc.:D AWESOME!!!, run run run , oh, its still grass... this game must be 10x the size of morrowind!!!, run run run , oh its another city.. kinda looks the same.. castle, Tudor houses... that's a bit lame, run run run , more grass...., run run run, oh another English themed village.... YAWN. for me they took the very essence of morrowind that made it so unique, and so amazing, and threw it out the window for better graphics.

Thank god for mods.

1. Runescape.

Dont even get me started.....

http://74.50.120.105/images/runescape_big.gif

i could talk about how retarded the players seem. i could talk about how retarded the whole game system is. i could even go into how stupid it is you need to fish and chop wood all day if you want to get anywhere. but instead, all im going to say, is ive spent entire nights stuffing myself with beer and curry. and what was in my toilet the next morning looked better then that.

Yes, it happened this year.. I didn't make a connection at first... too many other bad ideas in gaming world that this one almost didn't seem so surprising... damn, it was so obvious...

actually it was last year...he died march 14th 2008 if I remember =(. and yes it was obvious. at first I was very upset he died and then I got thinking...and then BOOM it happened! =( you'd think the god father of all RPG's could never fall but boy did it fall and it fell hard.

• 2 weeks later...
I have to say runescape has a certain appeal to me, it might just be that it was the first mmo i ever played but i have tried many different mmos and keep coming back to rs...

yeah that used to happen to me not sure why. I think its just cause there is a lot of folks on RS on one server more than any other game. i mean theres like over 1000 players on one server at a time I mean good christ. so its good to meet peeps there I guess. you meet some strange people through RS like I once met this girl who claimed her dog raped her.

crazy psychos >.<

Omg I HATE Runescape, theres just no other MMO I think can get any worse than that, its so unbelievable how so much people like it, I used to play it but I was like, "Wait, why the heck am I even playing this anyway??"

So I canceled my membership and went on to playing The Matrix Online :)

I have to say runescape has a certain appeal to me, it might just be that it was the first mmo i ever played but i have tried many different mmos and keep coming back to rs...

yeah that used to happen to me not sure why. I think its just cause there is a lot of folks on RS on one server more than any other game. i mean theres like over 1000 players on one server at a time I mean good christ. so its good to meet peeps there I guess. you meet some strange people through RS like I once met this girl who claimed her dog raped her.

crazy psychos >.<

She may not be so crazy...

My German Shepherd tackled me as I walked in the door one day, and she started growling in my face and trying to hump me...

I shoved my knee in her junk and punched her in the throat.

It never happened again.

One of the odder moments in my life...

• 2 weeks later...

I used to play Runescape about 7 years ago when I was 15. The graphics were Sprite Graphics back then before they went 3D. If the account is still there, then I've got a level 85 character with like lvl 80 Woodcutting since that was my main source of income... High Alching Magic Lonbows. Hah.

Yea, this game is just an epic waste of time... like any MMO, there is no end goal. You just improve and improve and get nothing out of it. I realized this way too late and have no recollection of why I played it for so long to begin with.

World of Warcraft also falls into the time wasting category. I've never played it but I once watched a friend play WoW and all I saw was him standing around at a spot waiting for his clan to gather up... which took like an hour. Then when it finally got going they encountered a creep and engaged it. Then they ended up fighting the same thing for like 30 minutes where my friend just cast the same spell over and over and over and over again. Then they moved on to the next few creeps and it all repeated once again. From what I could tell, these raids take like several hours to complete. I mean... what on earth? How does anyone have the time or willpower to complete any such a raid?

I could never play Wow...

Archived