Stuff That You Just Do

billyro

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When exiting Whiterun, instead of going to the right and following the road all the way down and around, I just go to the left and jump off of the rocks to the farm below. Usually I'll land on the fence to prevent the damage on lower leveled characters.

Yes! I do this exact thing every time as well! :biggrin:

I never let an animal's pelt go to waste - I always loot it.

I do that as well. Why waste time?

When exiting Whiterun, instead of going to the right and following the road all the way down and around, I just go to the left and jump off of the rocks to the farm below. Usually I'll land on the fence to prevent the damage on lower leveled characters.

Me too, every time, though I never hit the fence. I also take / steal / buy every sweet roll I see.

You know that garnet you get in the tutorial dungeon in Oblivion? No matter what character I created, they always kept that garnet through the entire game. It was like their good luck charm.

I do a similar thing in Skyrim - the first garnet I run accross stays in my inventory for the rest of the game. Same with the flawless garnet you find in Ustengrav. Also, I always take the steel dagger from the torturer in Helgen and keep it for the rest of the game (as a backup blade/boot knife).

Another thing I've just started recently doing was keeping a dragon scale and dragon bone from each named dragon I take down. When my smithing skill gets to the right point, I'm going to make a suit and sword out of the bones and scales of those dragons that thought they were badass enough to take this Dovahkiin down. Going to have to be multiple suits and swords at this rate...

Whenever I'm in Markarth, I like to use Whirlwind Sprint to quickly traverse. I'll start from Hall Vlindrel and fly across to that central area underneath of the Temple of Mara, and whenever I need to go back home, I'll Whirlwind Sprint near the Guard's Tower back over to the Hall.

The guards hate it.

I always make it a point to eat, drink, sleep, walk more instead of running everywhere, and always use a horse to travel (no fast travelling, ever!) right from the start even before there are mods that add proper mechanics for that sort of roleplaying. I also take time off from adventuring when my character is supposedly exhausted and just wants to chill in a city, cooking, shopping, meeting people, sitting in the park and reading - at least two days for every week.

What I like best about doing all that in the long-term is how much longer in-game time it takes to travel and accomplish everything. My character took a whole in-game year to defeat Alduin, another year for the civil war and I loved that. Feels much more real - like how Frodo has been gone for 13 months by the end of the events of LOTR.

Lately I've taken to collecting any journals I come across.

Also, I'm using a mod that lets me jump much higher, and whenever I've going from the Whiterun Cloud District down to Warmaiden's, I tend to try to jump over that big wooden arch down the stairs, for no particular reason.

Otherwise, I haven't developed any particular habits in Skyrim that aren't related to the gameplay. Now, in Oblivion, I would pick up any human skull I found and toss them into the Sithis shrine in Deepscorn Hollow. Eventually there were hundreds of skulls down there. I'd also collect gems and put them in a basket rather than sell them.

I play out my character's reactions to the events in the story, or things that just happen. Like, after the war and killing Ulfric, he went on and became a farmer and hunter until he finally visited the Greybeards to achieve his destiny as Dragonborn. Or after returning from Sovngarde, I had him sort of depressed. Like he saw this amazing place, touched the afterlife, something few, if any, mortals ever saw and came back from, and few people even knew what I had done. Where do you go from there? And when my wife and children were accidentally killed when I spawned a battle inside Windhelm, I sent my character in a 3 year depression, where he got drunk every night, lost weight, and lived in the streets. Then I had the events of Dragonborn bring him back. I tend to play the game with my own lore, getting as realistic as possible and taking it FAR too seriously.

1. I always jump into the water after exiting Dragonsreach. I just do.

2. For some reason, I always Whirlwind Sprint the distance between Belethor's Goods and Warmaiden's.

3. I also jump off the rocks into the farm when exiting Whiterun. (the main reason I think most of us have a lot of Whiterun habits, is that we've all made millions of characters, and Whiterun is like the most frequently visited area.)

4. Everytime, every single time I have visited Whiterun, I quicksave, try to trick shot Heimskr and only reload to move on with my purpose once I'm successful. God knows I hate the preachy old bastard.

5. I Fus Ro Dah everything off the dining tables in every Jarl's house.