Stuff That You Just Do

billyro

When travelling from Riverwood to Whiterun, I always swim down the river, run through the rapids and jump off the waterfalls. Who cares about the road, anyway?

I do the same thing on my first trip from Riften to Ivarstead: Swim the lake and river to get to Ivarstead.

Beats walkin'.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never pick plants until I stop next to one, and then sporadically collect any more I spy in the area.

When I go back to my Hearthfire house, I never remember to snag something for the child(ren) and feel slightly bad for a little bit afterwards. :unsure:

I think about catching the butterflies, but end up watching them instead.

I'll check my map to make sure where the objective is, only to find a few minutes later than I've been going the other way even after checking.

Hmm, maybe more later. Stuff to do!

Edited by TheGreenLion

I always move some of the mangled (by mangled I mean in awkward death positions) dead bodies of Imperials and Stormcloaks into more peaceful positions, like put up against a tree or a rock or something like that, I usually do this regardless of whether I'm the opposite faction or not.

If a follower dies I tend to look for blue mountain flowers (cos they're the ones that heal people) and leave it on or near their corpse.

​And a lot of the time since I added this solid corpses mod I disintegrate dead bodies of enemies (sometimes Allies depends) so they dont come back as zombies (this character is slightly superstitious).

I also tend to buy from the khajit caravans a lot, they always have interesting stuff.

I have never done any of these things, but these are some very interesting rituals. I am curious, do you need a mod to accomplish the first or do you just drag them? Because I'm curious as to how long that process might take! Wow.

Very cool.

haha thanks, no I dont use any mods, I dont put their arms on their chest or anything like that, just drag them up so they're up against a tree/rock or drag them so they're lying flat on the ground instead of kneeling backwards or in the splits etc.

so they look more "dignified" in their death.

These days with my Ranger character I tend to set some dead bodies on fire(I use burn effects) or dissolve them using this one mod added spell, kinda like he's trying to prevent them coming back to life.

for my character, i am maxing out smithing and enchanting. i visit vendors quite a bit for grinding my crafting stuffs.

so, whenever i am bartering with a merchant (all the time for new crafting supplies) i have to equip "Barter Club VIP" my custom amulet for better prices, and cissero's clothes. if im doing a lot of bartering (selling my enchanted daggers) i will chug a potion.

immediately go to miscelaneous and buy every iron ingot and ore (for tons of practice daggers) and leather strips (i use em faster than i can make em, plus i cant argue with 5 gold) for alchemists, i buy every ingredient under 10 gold, and all their minor healing potions (around 30 gold each)

i also buy every soul gem (filled or empty) i dont care about the price because i just sell them my enchanted daggers from grinding, or some epic potions.

crafting can really break this game.

i need the soul gems for a mod (magika sabers expanded) my character is a saber smith, and it requires a filled soul gem for each saber (the ones i trap myself wont work)

i use the build your own home on the waterfall, next to the abandoned prison. wonderful custom house, would highly suggest this one.

oh, and im a bit ocd with stuff in my house. ive got a container for everything. i see im not alone here...

theres the cheese barrel (i collect a lot of cheese), i keep telling myself im going to eat it all someday, but theres just no way.

pelts barrel. extra leather and strips go here too.

the meat barrel. all meats all the time. cooked or uncooked.

the veggie barrel. all uncooked plant food goes here.

container for cooked foods. it seems i keep stashing it and not actually using the stuff here.

soul gems and spare daggers next to enchanting table.

drawers for the armor i wear occasionally, but mostly just store unique clothes here

chest for arrows weapons and armors to sell someday, enchanted or not

container for enchantable apparel, rings, circlets, amulets, clothes, boots, gloves

my treasures chest by my bed with gems, extra expensive ingots, snow pelts, skulls, favorite books, sentimental misc objects...

place for drinks, wine, mead, a few potions

crafted potions, expensive potions, stolen potions, extra healing potions

poisons, potions to sell someday, potions that weigh a lot because its like a stack of 50

of course multiple places for heavy ingredients or for huge stacks of stuff that weighs .3 and over

and finally, a place to put all the lightsabers i dont use anymore. someday i will make every single one, thats the goal of this character.

when i had the house in windhelm, the kitchen had so many sacks, i could use a different sack for each type of food.

tomato sack

potato sack

this ones for carrots

and dis one is for leeks

and this one for cabbage

heres my cheeses...

and this is for my meats

you get the point. i kept my foods seperate

i really like collecting stuff and crafting. do my habbits reflect that?

When its a little boring, I use Sparks for entertainment. I see if I can zap something along with me, like kicking the can. I rolled the trap boulders into Falkreath once and hit a guard; they aggro'd me instantly. I zap the urn out of the Whiterun marketplace with Lightning Bolts and try to find it outside the city, but its never there.

I harvest everything and put it in the Breezehome apothecary pouch. In no time, I'm over encumbered if I take it all. I always save all the gems I find in the treasure chest. I can't afford an ebony ingot to improve that sword I found, but at least I have a chest full of jewels. No idea why, I never smith jewelry.

I also float the river from Riverwood to Whiterun, free prisoners, and waste every Thalmor I see.

I always share health potions with followers, which always gets me in trouble... "Geez, where are all those health potions? Oh crap, #$#@@%, son of a ......"