NMM version 0.44 released, new file servers and site updates

Dark0ne

Downloading with NMM

There was an error registering this mod <Mod Name>Error:Object must be of type DateTime.

After error it downloads the file to the mods folder but will not add mod to mods tab list.

Unchecked scan mods directory subfolder for mods, error is gone. Had to restart NMM for newly downloaded mod to show up on mods tab list.

Edited by lordlunacy

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"We’ve snuck the latest version "

Heh! Like a Hagraven intercepting Cupids arrow. :)

Stupid noob question...what is the proper procedure to "uninstall" NMM 44 rather than overwriting as usual?

Keep in mind that "duplicate names" could be the buggy "add missing mod info" algorithm assigning the mod's main file name to optional/patch files of the same mod (will be fixed sooner or later, you can always disable it in the Settings menu); duplicate mod files is a version 0.44.0 bug and has been fixed by version 0.44.1. Edited by DuskDweller

Deleting a mod results in NMM freezing for me. After an End-Task and restart of NMM the mod is gone though.

Edit: Tried a clean install and NMM still freezes

Edited by hst12

I've not had any issues so far with the update (or hotfix) but I mostly only use NMM to sort my plugins. I'm one of those crazy people that doesn't like a program poking around in my game files unless I know exactly what it's doing. I'd rather be safe and make a backup of my game, install the mod myself and try it out, and if anything doesn't work reinstall the backup.

I agree about people including readmes. I keep all the mods I download in case I decide to rebuild a game a few years after I stop playing it. I can't count the number of times I've went to reinstall a mod and not known exactly what I needed to do to get it working properly because there wasn't a readme. On top of that, because a lot of times the mod is old all info about it has disappeared from the web.

What I noticed by updating a mod the old one is shown also as installed. Maybe that´s only a little bug but annoying. I switch back again to 0.43.2 and wait for a release which is free of bugs.

In response to post #7511044.

You'll find the ''uninstall Nexus Mod Manager'' under Start/All Programs/Nexus Mod Manager. After uninstalling, make sure there are no empty folders left behind in the directory where you first placed the NMM (like i had under C\Games) I'm not sure if an empty folder can mess things up when you make a new install but better safe than sorry.Or go to ''Control Panel'' and uninstall from there.Hope this helps. Edited by wolfsangeleyes