NMM version 0.44 released, new file servers and site updates

Dark0ne

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #7513259.

When you go to NMM download page at nexus. Click on the Blue Linked ver. 44.1 it will take you to the forum page where they are located. At the very bottom is a button spoiler that has the PREVIOUS BUILDS in it, enjoy! :)

Also as a side note! 43.2 does not hang up when deleting mods, when my previous posts had stated that 44.1 does cause an indefinate hang up if you try to delete a mod (whether it is installed or not).

I look forward to NMM working like normal again. But until the newer version does, I'll be using 0.43.2. The functionality and stability is better. I am glad to see the NMM crew working to improve the application, though!

be careful with 43.2 version too. it had a problem for myself and quite a few others where it wasn't restoring overwritten files...

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/tracker/issue-7359-overrides-not-been-restored-after-uninstalling-a-mod/

basically you install new mod A over top of your normal stuff. don't like mod A so you uninstall. except the uninstall also removes all the stuff mod A had overwritten. simply reinstalling you old mods wasn't always enough, especially if you had "layers" over overwrites, where they'd been overwritten a few times before. you needed to use a backup that you hopefully made. this problem is even mentioned as fixed in the 44 readme (it appears to be fixed). that problem was pretty insidious because u might not notice it even happened for awhile. was best to compare your files to backups, again, that you had hopefully made recently.

that problem, IMO, totally defeated the purpose of a manager, so i'm just glad it's fixed. i can live with the newest versions's problems lol

hi i have installed the new nmm but not all my mods in the mods section are gone how do i direct them to the right place for nmm to recognize all the mods i downloaded with the last version, all my mods are in the plugin section though but without them in the 'mods" section uninstalling will be very difficult please help.

In response to post #7513540.

click on the gears along the top of the window and go tot he last option, skyrim, and browse to the folder with the downloaded mods. it was probably reset to a default that is used now, that wasn't used when you first installed NMM.

As I reported as bug, the mod installer window does not refresh after deleting or adding a mod.

The crashes are a result of an entry, that does no longer exist.

Workaround: After deleting or adding something to the list, close the manager, and start it again. The list is correct after that.

And to the readme, there is a saying amongst programmers: "A program without description or readme is only a rumor, nothing more." :D

The NMM is going in the wrong direction. Add right click context menus. Make it more like a user-friendly Wrye with a fraction of the features. Or all of them (why not?). But MOST IMPORTANTLY ADD RIGHT CLICK CONTEXT MENUS. 0.44 is worst yet and buggiest of them all.

Thank you.