ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

NMM version 0.44 released, new file servers and site updates

Dark0ne

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #7506447.

Even many old school games had a form of a mod manager themselves. It's not really old school to not use one or have a need for one. It's just tech saavy and that you chose to not trust software over your own keen eye. Can't say I blame you as it is sometimes wise to not trust software.

In response to post #7506473. #7506591 is also a reply to the same post.

"There's always the mod description and the readme tab"

Not always, only if you got an internet connection ;)
I got a very slow UMTS connection, sometimes it takes ages to open a page on the Nexus.
I'm glad if a mod archive contains a readme with info such as changelog, credits, known issues etc.
If modders stopped putting readmes into their archives, you'd always have to search for the mod's page first (and many modders use different names for their mod page and archive files) and then search for the info you want. In my opinion, that's really inconvenient.
Well if you don't mind all the extra steps it takes to look up the info on the Nexus, that's fine, but I agree with what Dark0ne said, it's bad form to not include a readme.

After reading the comments below, I decided not to update to the new version for a while. I haven't had any problems with the 43.2 version of NMM so far, so it feels kinda weird that the latest version has probably more bugs than the previous one, especially with the "need-to-restart" NMM in order to update the list.

In response to post #7506572. #7506711 is also a reply to the same post.

Good point. I always install mods manually so I don't extract the readme files but I guess some mod managers extract everything no matter what, and that can be quite annoying.
In the future, I'll name all my readme files according to the mod name.

In the immortal words of famed author Dorothy Parker... "What fresh Hell is this?" Dear God, this "update" needs to be pulled immediately. My mod list now shows 2 of almost every mod, 1 with a check mark and one with an X. In addition, when I click on a mod and select the delete button, the mod will not delete even after you have confirmed that you want to do so.

Horrible, horrible, horrible. PLEASE allow a way to revert to .43--- this update is nowhere close to being ready to release.

Edit-- and now my game is crashing immediately. I have changed nothing except to download this ghastly update. Thanks a lot for releasing CRAP.

Edited by KensaiTonada

In response to post #7507091.

That's way too harsh considering mistakes happen, among many other things.

That being said, I will second that this update seems to be pretty buggy. I'm running into the same issue with duplicates of my mods showing up (many of which lack info as well. The duplicates.), and various mods that are installed missing their install info.

Not sure if this is alright, but seeing how buggy this release is atm:

dev.tesnexus.com/client/releases/Nexus%20Mod%20Manager-0.43.2.exe

The above links to version 0.43.2