The admin needs a few pointers...

Dark0ne

Hey folks,

Just a few questions before I get back into Morrowind. Got a few weeks holiday and getting in some quality time with Morrowind, starting a new char.

Ok, I'm a level 19 Wood Elf...Hlaalu. I need to get Marksmanship up to level 70 to gain another rank. I've already used up the trainers in the Fighter's Guild until they can't train me in the skill anymore, and I've also gone out "hunting" with my bow to get the skill up. Its at 67 now...but its bloody boring. Anyone know any trainers who can train me up to that 70 for marksmanship?

Where is the walking talking Mudcrab merchant? I always use the creeper for the usual equipment, but I heard something about some mudcrab merchant. Let me know.

I made a boo-boo in character gen and ended up choosing all three armour classes for some queer reason. Is there any way I can go about changing this without having to restart my character? A character editor, TES:Editor - whatever. If there isn't, I can live. I'll just get some full sets of each and let a load of wild animals hit me just to get the levels.

Cheers.

Well, the master trainer for marksman is in Missun Aku's Hut on top of Falasmaryon, which is directly south of Valenvaryon (the dunmer stronghold next to the Urshilaku camp). I don't know if you're willing to go that far, but... He is the only marksman trainer that goes up to where you wanna be. The next one down is Dunsalipal Dun-Ahhe in the Sadrith Mora Morag Tong guild, and he only goes to 64.

And "enableclassmenu" in the console should be able to clear up your problem for skills. Just remember that it will reset your class when you're picking uot skills, so remember to write down all your skills and fav. attributes so you can make the class identical. I think you may have already known that though...

Thanks for the info on the master marksman. Any idea what skill level he can take me up to?

As for the console command for the class menu - when I try to edit my custom class it won't let me edit (1) the name of the class and (2) the skills itself. I change the skills in the list...click "next"...accept the birthsign then it takes me to my character overview...but the two skills I changed haven't actually been changed! :S

Well the master can take you up to 100. All master trainers can take up to 100.

Hmm... that's odd. Well I think it might actually be normal. Do it again, make your class (it's really wierd that you can't change your name), then once it's done, save the game (maybe make a new save-game just in case), then reload it. That should work.

EDIT:

Oh yeah, and if you wanna find the talking mudcrab, break out your map (the one that came with the game). He's located on a tiny island northeast of Vivec, and just southeast of Suran. If you've got your supplied map, find the island labeled "Mzahnch" -- at the very southeast corner of that island is an even tinier one (right under the second "h" in the name "Mzahnch"), and that's where you'll find the Mudcrab merchant. Make sure you don't kill him -- he looks just like any other Mudcrab. Just talk to him... He's the only mudcrab on his pile of dirt, so you shouldn't be concerned about talking to hostile mudcrabs.

It doesn't let me make a new class...I go to "create your own class" and its my old class all there. I can't change the name of the class from "Adventurer". So I change the 2 skills...click next, then it takes me to my char stats screen (the one where you verify the stuff is correct) but my 2 old skills are there, instead of the new ones I've chosen :blink:

Also, I'm not sure if this is what it does, but I believe there is a mod where you can change your name, class and some stats. I'll have to check up on it, but I know I have seen it on Morrowind Summit. I'll check right now.

*EDIT*

Nope, sorry. It just allows you to change your name. But I could have sworn there was one that let you do that. *looks again*

Try

enablestatreviewmenu

You can edit anything from there. I've found doing each bit individually can be buggy. And like Eiade says, quiksave and reload once you're done. That *should* work.