Super Sonic is getting old......

edgeburner

HeyYou....Yeah. Remember the stealth bomber technology that wrecked havoc in Iraq? NOBODY had a clue to that sort of technology back then.....And that was almost 30 years ago. One can only wonder. :)

They did this on land, on a track? How did they control it? How did they maintain ground contact at speeds you can't even follow with your eyes? I would think that the G-forces would rip the sled apart?

I would love to spend a week in Dreamland.

The rails and wheels on the sled are designed to keep the two together. :)

Also, the thrust is in one direction only, no side loads until impact, and then is last a couple hundredths of a second...... so, not real difficult to keep it together until then.

I don't think there is much in the way of 'control' either. :) You light the engines, and then sit back and watch. :D At those speeds, if they saw a problem, by the time any human reacted to it, it would be all over anyway.

HeyYou....Yeah. Remember the stealth bomber technology that wrecked havoc in Iraq? NOBODY had a clue to that sort of technology back then.....And that was almost 30 years ago. One can only wonder. :smile:

They did this on land, on a track? How did they control it? How did they maintain ground contact at speeds you can't even follow with your eyes? I would think that the G-forces would rip the sled apart?

I would love to spend a week in Dreamland.

The F-117 and B-2 were known to the public at the time of the first gulf war. I think the only thing not known widely by the public was the Tomahawk missiles were capable of deploying metal chaft out at pre-programmed locations to short out substations as they passed over. The only known but unknown (Code name known but what the craft looking like and it's stats) aircraft that has been tested by the USAF is from Project Aurora which is a Hypersonic bomber. There is rumors and some circumstantial evidence of the project has been test flown out an airbase in the US south west. This evidence is shallow seismic activity moving from southern Rocky mountain area toward the Northern Rocky mountains (most quakes here move north to south) and the signature matches vibrations from sonic booms. The final piece is a Photo that was once posted from a weather satellite of a strange Contrail showing up on moving east to west with an origin point north west of southern Nevada. The site updates its images every 5 minutes, and what made it strange was the first shot had the contrail just off California while the second shot had it North of Hawaii. No Space Launches were shown to occur that day and the contrail didn't start or path over Vandenberg AFB.

Edited by Gracinfields