Derok

The armors working in game and some of my work on it.

I've had a busy month. Ugh. With projects, stress, heartburn, mother's birthday, friend problems, commissions I'm finally doing, and other issues, I've barely had time for much besides my scheduled free time for DnD every week.

But yes, I've slowly been doing work on the mod. I'm not dropping UBR!

Dude, thanks for working on the mod. But your life first then modding! Hope you solve that DnD thing.

Thanks, heh. The DnD thing is partially solved at this point. I'll be fixing the rest of its issues Friday.

I don't think I have time for the mod tonight after overcoming the technical issues, but my teacher canceled class tomorrow. I've got good freetime.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drohung, I'm starting to feel that it was little better when you weren't posting daily updates about what you are planing to do, followed by reasons why you couldn't do it. Take your time, it is just so much more frustrating than when we did not know anything. :laugh: Too bad that I still feel the need to frequently check this page for updates. :tongue:

Drohung, I'm starting to feel that it was little better when you weren't posting daily updates about what you are planing to do, followed by reasons why you couldn't do it. Take your time, it is just so much more frustrating than when we did not know anything. :laugh: Too bad that I still feel the need to frequently check this page for updates. :tongue:

I feel the same way, but then people will think the mod is dead.

This mod seems to be really important for you guys. It sucks that you just watch the posts and don't know what's happening. I'm honest and my progress was slow because I wasn't interested enough in the mod anymore, not because of lack of time or because I was making complex stuff. I guess we are like gods here hahaha.

This thread became a "chat" and a mess of pages long ago so it doesn't really matter what do we post here. I don't really mind your discussions about the fandom too.

Many hard decisions. Also had an idea for Khajiit foot coverings. Have them have leg guards with open feet and since cat have tiny feet give them a strap that runs between their toes and back around to keep it on. Its would also require the least editing just hack off the bottom most part of the Argonian shoes then put in a strap and make sure its fitted right. Maybe for heavy armor have half a scallop shell covering the paw but not completely on top so the khajiit can use their claws still.

Well, guys, VERY good news.

My USB key, where most of the data was, has been missing for two months. It's slowed my progress significantly.

Well, I just found the thing!

Here's to faster and better progress!

Many hard decisions. Also had an idea for Khajiit foot coverings. Have them have leg guards with open feet and since cat have tiny feet give them a strap that runs between their toes and back around to keep it on. Its would also require the least editing just hack off the bottom most part of the Argonian shoes then put in a strap and make sure its fitted right. Maybe for heavy armor have half a scallop shell covering the paw but not completely on top so the khajiit can use their claws still.

In response to you, Ariarose, the argonian foot coverings are having their bottom part hacked off too for a similar concept for the entire mod, not just Khajiit. Both races are going to have open toes and claws and most likely soles, having more of a leg guard than an entire shoe. The point of the mod is to base it off of Morrowind, with open feet. Luckily, we aren't taking the approach of no shoes at all like Morrowind did.

Luckily, with finding my Jump Drive, where most of my stuff was stored, I can actually do that part, in addition to other important mod things.

And, finally, sorry for the constant updates and no progress. It's a bad habit of mine... <^.=.^;>

http://i.imgur.com/UhHyoiN.jpg

New sketch of an argonian armor!

Excuse the roughness, this is a sketch I think I'll base a possible model to.

The first idea was to show more skin but... Enough skimpy armors here.

As you can see I like pratical armors with that touch of fantasy. It's supposed to be a lamellar armor, some kind of tunic and bamboo sticks. It's actually something that could work in real life. Exept that bark pauldron, but it's cool.

I'm still thinking about helmets, I don't wan't something that screams "native american", and not anything too weird. An hood also seems quite boring.

Boots are a major problem because I'm not sure If making something just for UBR or all races.

Edited by Derok

Looks a mix between a Predator and an Argonian, where is that concept art from?

I wanted to make the helmet made of bark or normal wood, but I'm not sure about it. Feathers could look cool but I don't want to make a stereotypical native american, I want my armor to have an unique style.

A small cap made of leather like that probably doesn't offer much protection, I'm looking for something heavier (but still light).

Argonians are an ancient civilization and I think they mastered the crafting of armor even with limited resources, I think it should look fancy but effective. This armor has a small piece of metal protecting the heart, I imagined a little backstory for it, where metal really precious and it's mainly used for weapons, the use for armor is limited.

Edited by Derok