Derok

I surprisingly liked argonians in Oblivion. Females had cute eyes and voices. Males looked weird but still cool. their appearance fits they lore really well, being both amphibian and reptile, and they looked pretty alien. I had no problem with human looking body.

In Skyrim, while male Argonians are cool, I don't know what is happening with females with their tiny snake eyes, a neck that is super creepy and makes no sense.

Khajiit looked fine in both games, their different appearance just fits both settings.

Doesn't really makes sense that in Oblivion Khajiits, Orcs and Argonians share the voice actors. Khajiits in my opinion should have a clearer and higher voice.

Skyrim got that right, I don't understand why people think voices sound too human, they aren't supposed to sound like zombies or something.

Well obviously female Argonians voices are just bad.

I don't know what was Bethesda was thinking, they were trying to make them sound like Ghouls from Fallout 3 or something?

Edited by Derok

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I surprisingly liked argonians in Oblivion. Females had cute eyes and voices. Males looked weird but still cool. their appearance fits they lore really well, being both amphibian and reptile, and they looked pretty alien. I had no problem with human looking body.

In Skyrim, while male Argonians are cool, I don't know what is happening with females with their tiny snake eyes, a neck that is super creepy and makes no sense.

Khajiit looked fine in both games, their different appearance just fits both settings.

Doesn't really makes sense that in Oblivion Khajiits, Orcs and Argonians share the voice actors. Khajiits in my opinion should have a clearer and higher voice.

Skyrim got that right, I don't understand why people think voices sound too human, they aren't supposed to sound like zombies or something.

I don't know what was Bethesda was thinking, they were trying to make them sound like Ghouls from Fallout 3 or something?

Do you use Interesting NPCs? there is a custom female argonian follower in it, who sounds like how the argonians in Skyrim SHOULD have sounded.

Do you use Interesting NPCs? there is a custom female argonian follower in it, who sounds like how the argonians in Skyrim SHOULD have sounded.

Guess who's the tester for the mod's female argonian armors?

Sense has nothing to do with voice actors roles. Can they do the voice, great? Male and female? Even better! Can they do other races? Cool!

I didn't even know it was the same guy, beast races males do sound the same. But also female and male nord and orc?! I had no idea, it should be fine as long as doesn't sound the same. Also the guy did some male daedric princes voices. If I was a game dev, I would love a voice actor with many voices, cheaper and faster than many people for each type and also shows great skill.

You do get used how to they look like after some time like many other things. But many people don't have that ability.

I don't think they should not sound human because the teeth, mouth and vocal cords are not that same. I think it should a core feature for the beast races to have cool voice acting that differs than humans. At least for the males and females to sound the same. The dunmer males sounds proud and old like the females. The altmer are my favorite voice acting, they sound so snotty. The orc and nord too, both genders are like the counter part.

Guess who's the tester for the mod's female argonian armors?

The voice actor of Anum-La, Lila Paws? My argonian battlmage bestie?

You know, I have never saw her hair cut, the follower I mean. It my skyrim goal in my next run. She always have a hood on her head.

The follower is the tester, not the actor, but yes. She's the one I'm giving the armor to for testing, because I don't like genderbending my characters to test things.

Oh, makes sense. And sex change is a thing of nightmares...

Any news btw?

Edited by Boombro

None now. I'm still dealing with the massive stress losing my beloved DnD character has caused. I can save him this week, but it will be the only thing on my mind.

Seriously, I've stressed over his death so much that I have myself a case of hives. Not fun.

None now. I'm still dealing with the massive stress losing my beloved DnD character has caused. I can save him this week, but it will be the only thing on my mind.

Seriously, I've stressed over his death so much that I have myself a case of hives. Not fun.

Sorry, wait? How can a character die? Sorry I have no idea about whatsoever DnD.

It can happen, I've killed (While GM'ing) and had characters killed in D&D all the time. Its one of those things as a GM you try to prevent, but it is inevitable sometimes.

A good example was my friend Jerry and his character Ilither (Jerry himself passed away back in 93-95), killed his brother Joe's character Will Scott, Ranger Good Guy, after rolling not 1, not 2, but 3 critical fumbles (1 on a D20) in a row, and when I asked him to make a "to-hit" roll, he rolled a natural 20, I sighed, then asked him to roll damage, which he rolled the max result for, doubled due to the crit. His brother's character, already injured from the fight was instantly slain. The party had the decency to give up the dungeon crawling and haul his body to the nearest temple and had him ressurected, which the priests gouged them for nearly every coin they had.

BTW, got my new PC finally, Skyrim looks great on it.. Now.. finish te mod already. :P No rush, as I won't be downloading.. or accessing the web for about a week or 2 while I move into my new Apt and get internet set up.