Derok

Outside black marsh, and away from any hist tree? Yes they are.

They can have them in BM too, if the hist tree didn't mind, wanted or didn't care. They have odd shapes of all kinds of argonian without function to them. Of example, one tribe has a needle shape head.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ultra ancient description:

Old uploaded mod, now abandoned: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/6041 (this mod page will be taken down soon, as I'm gonna upload the updated mod myself). Bilotheretard is not working on this anymore, but she's still interested in the mod.

I have been following this mod time ago, but I couldn't really help because I had no skills on modelling. Recently, I realized that the mod is not worked anymore, but in the meanwhile it gained lot of fans so would be a shame to not continue the awesome work. I learned some blender recently so I decided to give my contribute, while the big work is still from Senviro.

What is Unique Beast Races? The plan of this mod is to make beast races more animal-like and unique. The project for now it's at an early stage.

How it currently looks ingame:

http://i.imgur.com/argcHtQ.jpg

Khajiit (ignore the black circle)

I finally felt like I should REALLY update this... I'm not the "leader" of Unique Beast Races anymore, but Drohung is (see lastest posts). I'm not disappearing though, so I'll just stay to help him with the mod.

This is an old alpha, but should work fine while you wait for the released mod.

DOWNLOAD

DOWNLOAD ESP

Yeah, I was always put off by the furry humans with cat heads and tails, and the green, scaly humans with lizard tails. You know how they say something gets creepy the more human it is? Yeah. Argonians don't look lizard-like at all anymore. I'd like to see something more like Lizardman from Soul Calibur. And for the Khajiit, something less like the Cat in the Hat.

Over time, I honestly, began to like more the human like best races. Absolutely not stuff like girls with cat ears or even worse, half hairy human faced Khajiits... I like when the facial features mix human and beast but in an intelligent way. I use to watch a show called Face Off, and I love the designs they do with this kind of stuff. Am I a traitor now?

Well Lizardman is one of my favourite Soul Calibur characters anyway, so I equally like both beastlike and humanlike. In an rpg I was planning, the beast races aren't very beastlike because the realistic combat system would play a big role, and I think they would fit more the theme aswell.

Edited by Derok

I yearn for different things, alien things being used in familiar environments, or familiar things used in alien environments, for the purposes of this mod discussion the former. :c Seeing and interacting with a different species (subjectively, people, I know they're races) formed from a different evolutionary path with very different workings and needs than ours, but who are still officially respected and accounted for like everyone else, is the basis of the experience I've always hoped for. I still feel positivity tingles whenever I start a new game and that execution-happy lady from the intro says "Next, the lizard!" because it's like maybe, perhaps, there might be prejudice here, or what you are might at least help determine what's available to you. That's the way I wish that it were, all hail Morrowind.

Edit: Oh yeah, as well as boring I find beast races with plain catagorical human traits gross, not the sort of gross you might feel if something smells like vomit, but the gross you might feel if a child who you respected for their interesting wild ideas and passion for adventure later on uses this one place's slang, wears this one place's clothes, and outwardly supports all of this same one place's views. I really dislike that the genders are as easy to tell apart as "the boob one" and "the herculian torso one," feels poisonous to me that if argonians were just spraypainted a different color they would be human bodies, the differences are all the reasons for me to appreciate beast races. Sorry for sounding ranty, I'm a little sad, I suspect the argonians in Argonia are going to be the least beast shaped yet.

Edited by Voldearag

Beast Races look whatever Bethesda wants them to look like. They clearly don't bother that much with the lore, I mean, they base their appearance on the artstyle and enviroment of each game, that's why Khajiit look like bobcats or the argonians like spiky dinosaurs, which wouldn't make any sense about the lore.

By the way, we already talked about that stuff, but you can bring back the discussion if you want.

Edited by Derok

They clearly don't bother that much with the lore, I mean, they base their appearance on the artstyle and enviroment of each game, that's why Khajiit look like bobcats or the argonians like spiky dinosaurs

Khajiit have many forms though. Ranging to complete human (Ohmes look just like bosmer.) to anything "catish"

Some are just big tigers, other don't have tails, other have fur colors just that of a man and no tail. They have all themes of the big cat family, in many many sizes that may tower altmer or run between legs of a dunmer, all up shape of the moon they born under. Bethesda can make a cat earned human, give it a tail and will it be normal imo.

A bob cat is super normal.

argonians like spiky dinosaurs, , which wouldn't make any sense about the lore.

There is argonians who look like frogs, snakes, some have heads shaped like needles and some have see white semi-through skin. They can look like anything and them beaming a human is not really that impossible if the hist tree wanted to.

They have to drink the hist tree sap and became anything the hists wishes. They also can change genders, colors, heights, body and others in the span of their lives if the hist wanted.

And humans think puberty is hard.

Thanks, but there is no need to point that if you want wish to prove me wrong or disagree with me at all.

It is odd that they change shape with every game, but they must try make suit most people tastes. Many players of older games started playing in them in skyrim because of the improvements.

It is my firm conviction up at this point that the ever-changing "lore" of the series is nothing else anymore but Bethesda's cheap way out.

Then again, I also developed an allergic to the undefined arbitrary concept that's been labeled with those 4 meaningless letters ever since the 1st game and am not really one to talk about something that, to me, simply does not exist. But so is my opinion on everything, completely meaningless to anybody else but me. And that's also the way it should be.

But in my own beast race mods so far my solution to this problem has always been variety and everything being "optional". So whatever shape or traits a certain beast race has to you in your own personalized version of what you call lore, and let's be honest everybody has one and they're nowhere near the same or even in agreement, you should be able to get exactly that from my mods. And if not, then I was always open for suggestions or feature requests. But as soon as someone threw in the vomit-inducing term "lore" to support their request, that was the end of its validity to me. They could go seek their features elsewhere. :armscrossed: