Derok

I am NOT very technical when it comes to 3D Animation and scripting, but is it possible to edit the Movement Animation so that the feet seem to react to the ground? I have seen modders make new animations for certain properties, such as the Enhanced Animations Mod, which alters combat animations. Also, would it just be easier to copy and edit the movement animation from Morrowind? The animation is already in that game, so why not use that as a template?

(And yes, I know the Beast Race Movement Animations in Morrowind disappointed)

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Also, would it just be easier to copy and edit the movement animation from Morrowind?"

Strong guess is that it'd be somewhat impossible.

Surely they are there, those animations work, but those are kinda dated.

Possibly "clippy", and skeletons are quite different so it'd need some/much work before it'd work properly. Also, not sure but it might affect ALL races walking instead of just argonian and khajiit.

Sorry if we still haven't a Nexus release. There is still much work left. Today I tried to understand how this mod works:

And change animation paths is an huge mess. I don't know if contact the author or not.

By the way, I don't have new animations or I will ever consider to make them myself (vanilla ones look ok),

it's just an idea to keep the animations separate though unchanged, so people can replace them if they find something better.

Just like the original UBR mod. The bodies basically vanilla, the only change was the removed underwear.

About underwear, I've decided to readd it, to release this mod not adult. Don't worry, I will make sure the tail doesn't clip with it.

Now here's the stuff I want to do before the Nexus release:

1: Khajiits

2: Minor fixes to textures.

3: Normal maps.

4: Female version for these armors. And maybe more armors.

5: Fix gloves? Didact got stuck with that. Hey, don't worry if gloves have some glitches even when they are vanilla. Copy and paste claws is all you have to do.

Now I will complete the universal footwear idea (to keep until we have converted boots, at least no immersion breaking gap), then I will export Khajiits.

Just realized the complete mod will be quite heavy. And Nexus upload speed is quite meh recently.

Edited by Derok

It's a shame Bethesda is apparently going away from the beastly beast races. Morrowind had backwards bending legs and the like; proper beast races. Now they all look human with different heads. I wonder if Bethesda is just getting lazy or if they honestly think it's better the way they're doing it now. I think they're getting lazy. They just don't want to make separate skeletons and animations for different races; just deform the face a bit and slap on a tail and POOF! Beast race... And Zenimax is continuing with this in TESO. Don't get me wrong; I still love the Elder Scrolls and will be playing TESO as well. I just hate when things get dumbed down over time. I wouldn't be surprised if future Elder Scrolls games took away their tails as well, and made their faces even more human so they wouldn't have to design different helmet shapes...

It is Bethesda being lazy. ArenaNet made their races vastly different and took the time to change the armor to fit all those different models.

But as long as people rush out to buy the next thing, there won't be any changes. Why bother changing something that will take more time if people only casually complain while still throwing their money at you? Just ignore them and keep on.

The fact that only a handful of modders (and not a whole team, just 1-2 people doing all the work) always fix this issue in each game and redo the armors shows how Bethesda is cutting corners. Casual customers are left to patch the game that Bethesda should have fixed. We need to get unofficial patches to have a working game lol.

I say just buy the game when it goes into the bargin bin type sales. If you feel the game is worth $60 fine. But if you feel it is only worth $12, wait and get it for $12. Then the bugs seems minor, since you nabbed a great game for $12 (I love steam sales). I ignored Skyrim until it fell under $20 for the whole package, learning my lesson from Oblivion.

Convergent evolution (even in magic) would explain similar anatomy between man, mer, khajit, and argonian (plus the rest). But not the 5 fingers, 5 toes, and 2 breasts model. Things would be similar, not exact. It is nice to see work on the beast races, but always hard to get truly into them when they are half-assed and the mods fixing them are just a wee-bit shy of perfection.

Edited by wazwolf

Yes, Bethesda may be lazy, but...

Skyrim had the same problem of Oblivion. They are my favourite RPGs I have ever played, but both games were heavily cutted in the end. Oblivion, for lack of time (because they wanted it released with ps3 launch), Skyrim had a massive cut of features. It was supposed to have more quests, more items, seasons, footprints, spears and other cool stuff. But probably the game was too heavy to work on the old consoles. So here's why cities look like Sahara villages. Cities are really performance heavy.

Btw, there's nothing realistic in Beast Races. They are hybrids, not evoluted beasts. Like minotaurs, they are not scientifically accurate.

Anyway, why so much hate for vanilla Beast Races? They look better than ever (except female Argonians, oh god I hate their faces). I'm ok if the body shape is more human as long the head remains beastly, for some reason I prefer it for my roleplay. Though I also want to complete this mod. Maybe, optionally new Beast Races could separate breeds in the game.

Edited by Derok