Zahkrii Do Dovahkiin - Hidden DLC Dragonborn Sword

pmnavatar

@hotemochick

Definitely! Thanks for the offer. :smile:

As requested, screenshots showing overall proportion and a quick darkened blade.

http://imageshack.us/a/img832/3374/tmwdragonbornswordwip04.jpg

Ran into some minor issues with Nifskope. Looks like the version I'm using is trashing UVs. So when I get more time tomorrow, I'll hopefully be getting this into game.

Cheers and thanks for looking!

Hmm...the black blade lacks something...maybe damascus texture, i dunno? Like this mod: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/26539

What do you think? Any ideias?

And I hope you make a sheath, if it's not too much of a trouble

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Pmnavatar

Yeah, it needs work. It was a pretty simple darken to get the value down. It'll be grunged up and more used looking when it's finished. Also, there's no reflection (environment map) on these, so the materials will have a different look when they are brought into the game. For most game engines, I know what to expect when it comes to the renderer (UDK, Unity 3D, etc. all have unique looks to them) but with Skyrim, I'm pretty unfamiliar with the translation from model viewer to in-game.

@Nimbus21

Haven't thought about a scabbard yet although it's something I'm interested in doing. I want to finish up the sword and then I'll do a scabbard if I'm not already itching to move onto something new. :)

I'll definitely be looking forward to this! The weapon model(s) made by ghosu are my favorites at the moment but Twizzler77's is turning out really good as well. I wish I could help, but I'm only good with basic texturing at the moment (ie. layer masks and recoloring) and the last time I made a model it was really brick-like. Keep up the good work!

@Twizzler77

Perfection takes time, no worries :wink:

Yeah, it's going pretty slow right now, especially with wife and kids. :) It's in the game and it looks decent but I'm having to really push and pull the shader settings in Nifskope to get the right look. I might squeeze some time in at lunch to do some more work and post some screenshots.

Stay tuned!

you know... my idea is you have it put onto an alter of some kind and then you shout at it. then it takes the aspect of that shout (depending on how strong it is and your level) Like firebreath gives you a fire enchant, soul tear gives you, bansih summon/deatea and soul steal, unrelenting gives knockback chance.

and what would be cool is if depending on the the strengh of the shout, it also does that "Hoggith" sword effect. if it is even moddable to it. (also on that topic I want an enchantment that allows me to put that kind of effect on other swords and maybe even differnt elements.

you know... my idea is you have it put onto an alter of some kind and then you shout at it. then it takes the aspect of that shout (depending on how strong it is and your level) Like firebreath gives you a fire enchant, soul tear gives you, bansih summon/deatea and soul steal, unrelenting gives knockback chance.

and what would be cool is if depending on the the strengh of the shout, it also does that "Hoggith" sword effect. if it is even moddable to it. (also on that topic I want an enchantment that allows me to put that kind of effect on other swords and maybe even differnt elements.

though I personaly would find a bit troublesome going to the altar everytime i would want to change the enchantment, it's a good idea.

Hoggith effect? what's that?