Zahkrii Do Dovahkiin - Hidden DLC Dragonborn Sword

pmnavatar

@Nimbus21

Yeah, I'll be adding the glow maps (I'm used to calling them emissive) once I get it into the game. I went back and forth with the flame etchings vs. runes but I went with runes due to them being more Skyrim-ish. The flames are pretty cool but they kinda scream decorative sword material. Runes tend to hint at a history or lineage which I feel is more appropriate...and besides, Ghosu made them look cool. :)

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Pmnavatar

I was originally sticking with steel since that was what the reference calls for. But I guess the in-game sword would be ebony (Daedric influences). I can make the appropriate adjustments sometime this week if you feel it's warranted. Texture adjustments are pretty quick.

Edit: @IruleHyrule

The blade length is most likely attributed to the FOV of the previewer program I use. I'll double check when I get home but the blade takes up a significant portion of the overall length. The screenshot(s) doesn't really do it justice.

Edited by Twizzler77

@Pmnavatar

I was originally sticking with steel since that was what the reference calls for. But I guess the in-game sword would be ebony (Daedric influences). I can make the appropriate adjustments sometime this week if you feel it's warranted. Texture adjustments are pretty quick.

Edit: @IruleHyrule

The blade length is most likely attributed to the FOV of the previewer program I use. I'll double check when I get home but the blade takes up a significant portion of the overall length. The screenshot(s) doesn't really do it justice.

Steel is nice too, dont get me wrong, it can be skyforge steel ;) I was thinking something blackish with red waves (like the oathbreaker from The Song of Ice and Fire aka Game of thrones), but that's me, i'm open to any thoughts and ideas

I had a feeling that your blade length "problem" could be caused by FOV (it really looks a bit small), because the mesh you first showed us had the length just perfect, a nice and solid longsword. Can you upload another POV to dispel any doubts?

Twizzler, Can you make it so when you draw your blade/ kill someone/ or sheath the blade that it says some dragon words. I was going to do this more mine but I can send you the files i have for it.

I could certainly give that a shot. I haven't had a chance to go through the process of getting this into the game yet, though so this seems incredibly advanced for me at the moment. :)

@hotemochick

Definitely! Thanks for the offer. :)

As requested, screenshots showing overall proportion and a quick darkened blade.

http://imageshack.us/a/img832/3374/tmwdragonbornswordwip04.jpg

Ran into some minor issues with Nifskope. Looks like the version I'm using is trashing UVs. So when I get more time tomorrow, I'll hopefully be getting this into game.

Cheers and thanks for looking!