Zahkrii Do Dovahkiin - Hidden DLC Dragonborn Sword

pmnavatar

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the mod description, its not finished yet. They are going to add pictures for the various versions. by teh way just wanted to add that its threads like these that make me proud of this mod community.

@fishcakelolwtf I've gotten twizzler's version to a playable point. It isn't as pretty as his previous pictures suggest since it was difficult to correctly align the uv map. I'm still trying to adjust the textures he provided. I've uploaded the current version with pics if you'd like to see/try it.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

@Himeki this is possible, but unfortunately it would interfere with the swords shout function, as the Rage of Ancients shout technically "enchants" the weapon temporarily. Similarly to elemental fury, the shout cannot work if the weapon is enchanted.

Ah, figured I'd offer a possible (but not quite) solution. Missed that part.

HUGE update for everyone still following this thread:

Finally, I've managed to design a system where the sword reacts to standard shouts by receiving the enchanting effect of that shout. Basically, wielding the sword while using a shout will enchant the sword with that effect for the duration of the cooldown. Here is my current list, as of course this is not practical with every shout:

Fire Breath causes the sword to yield fire damage

Frost Breath and Ice Form cause the sword to yield frost damage

Storm Call causes the sword to yield shock damage

Unrelenting Force and Cyclone gives the sword a knock-back effect

Dragonrend gives the sword the dragonbane effect

Soul Tear gives the sword the effect of soul trap

I've already completed most of these, so expect a big update in the near future.

Just thought I'd put out another update clarifying the current state of this mod, for those who are still following this thread:

1) The shout effects are complete, and the files have been uploaded to my mod. There are no known bugs regarding this aspect of the mod.

2) There was previously a bug where if you activated the Rage of Ancients effect and changed weapons without sheathing, many problems would occur. This has been fixed for the most part. Because i am trying to avoid requiring SKSE, the equip of a 2h weapon results in the player using fists. The user simply has to equip the weapon again.1h weapons work fine.

3) I also noticed a new bug where if the Rage of Ancients shout (or any of the new enchanting shouts) are used while dual wielding another unenchanted weapon, then both weapons will become enchanted. This may sound nice, but due to the glowmap this can be quite distasteful visually. I currently understand this bug to be inevitable within the current limitations of the game and creation kit, but a fix may be possible with SKSE

4) Twizzler's version has seen little improvement. I've noticed that his design closely resembles another mod on the nexus, and I am cautious to continue working on it, as I do not wish to steal the work of another modder.

So, at this point I would like to call upon the mod community as a whole, and ask for everyone's opinion as to the future direction of this mod. I understand that this mod has lost its traction over the course of three years (in part due to my recent absence). However, the last 34 pages of this thread show the community that I would like to see continue to be the driving force behind this. Here's what I would like to propose:

1) I can employ an SKSE version that fixes the two bugs mentioned above.

2) I can complete Twizzler's version, or upload my progress so that a more qualified modder can give it justice.

3) I would like to go through with my idea for a quest that would be the ultimate challenge in obtaining this sword. This however will be a huge undertaking, and will most likely require assistance from the community.