The most heart touching moments in Skyrim

FreddeN93

Hi,

I've been playing Skyrim for a while now and I'm starting to become more interested in leaving the main questline and go out to different holds and see what sidequests they have to offer. Lately, I've been experiencing a few "heart touching" moments which remains in my head for a while and is quite hard to shake off. My first encounter with such a moment was when arriving in Morthal and got to know the story about the tragic house fire where a mother and daughter died. I went out to complete the Laid to Rest quest they gave me to investigate the house, and I eventually found Helgi's Ghost. After completing the quest, Helgi appeared again infront of me and started a dialogue which really touched my hearth. I don't remember how she said it but she thanked Dovahkiin for making her and her mother to feel better, then she said something about that she was very tired and that her mother was calling, then she forever disappeared.

The other moment was during the House of Horrors quest when you're forced to torture and kill the priest in the abandoned house in Markarth. Heh, when the quest was completed I just dropped everything related to that quest and left it in the house as it was too evil to be carrying.

However, going to Honorhall Orphanage still gives me a sad feeling.

What have you experienced?

Edited by FreddeN93

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The house of curiosities by Calixto. There was something heartwarming about his apparent personality, the loving way he talks about his deceaced sister, and the simple/childish way he presents his collection of 'rare' items. Even later knowing he was a depraved murderer, I always keep a save for that tour in my playthroughs.

When you have the DLC Hearthfire and you see Sofie or Lucia. They have no parents, all alone in the world and here comes Dovahkiin offering them a place they can finally call home.

Lucia and Sofie was the first kids I adopted in Hearthfire, but there is a lot more kids out on the streets without parents, I wanted to adopt them all. I found this mod which allows you to adopt up to six kids - I adopted all kids found on the streets. :wink:

I always feel happy when I see them all in my house at Lakeview Manor.

Edited by FreddeN93

Adopting Lucia always puts a grin on my face. :D

As far as heartwarming moments, in a way, marrying Ysolda is a touching gesture on the Dragonborn's behalf - think about it. She wants to become a merchant, and after marrying her, she opens up a store to run out of your house.

Finally gets her lifelong wish!

Lifelong dream of pushing drugs!

Heimskr is one of everyone's favourite butt monkeys, but after the Battle of Whiterun seeing him return to his crazy sermon was very vindicating. He's in rags, the biggest casualty of the assault was his own house that stands there in smoking ruins but he's not bitter nor sad, just pitches himself a tent and goes right back to work. To me it was the essence of the cause - you may take our lives, but you'll never our freedom!

Oh and another time, I was in Windhelm and there was a vampire attack. Teldryn Sero was my companion at the time and one of his stray fireballs hit Rolff Stone-Fist. The fight ended and Rolff decided to take it up with him, punching him in the back while he was talking to me. So Teldryn turned around with a 'Filthy Fetcher' and proceeded to beat the living crap out of him.

I think mine was during your first real assassination in the DB questiline. I went to go assassinate Nilsine Shatter-Shield, but I first wanted to talk to her. I learned her sister had died, and her mother was heartbroken. That night, I was about to cut her down in the Temple of Talos. Suddenly, right before, the Dragonborn, a man who cuts through bandits for fun, stopped and let her live. I could not bring myself to kill a grieving woman who had lost her sister. Then, I found out if I had killed her, her mom would've committed suicide. I was glad I spared her.

I think mine was during your first real assassination in the DB questiline. I went to go assassinate Nilsine Shatter-Shield, but I first wanted to talk to her. I learned her sister had died, and her mother was heartbroken. That night, I was about to cut her down in the Temple of Talos. Suddenly, right before, the Dragonborn, a man who cuts through bandits for fun, stopped and let her live. I could not bring myself to kill a grieving woman who had lost her sister. Then, I found out if I had killed her, her mom would've committed suicide. I was glad I spared her.

But you can't marry Muiri so it's not worth it in the end. :p