TESVI, what Bethesda Learn from Modders

daventry

You Modders must Really Impress Bethesda, since they seem to Learn and Take in what you guys do, then Incorporate it for the Next TES Game.

So do you think when they Import the Xbox Version of TESVI to PC, that they will use a ENB Graphics Program for that Game, knowing they cant come up with the stuff on their own.

Do you guys think they will make a SkyUI Menu System.

The developer must take into account the machine the game will play. So the need to keep the minimal requirements reasonably low. The modder is lot more free to fly higher.

But it's true the modding world brings many good ideas which are used in newer games, it's a win/win situation, besides the modder knows the developer/publisher is the true owner of the mod's idea by today's legal terms.

A menu system similar to SkyUI wouldn't be very practical for the console versions, and home consoles are the baseline for video game development. As far as visuals go, however, I think it's reasonable to expect a rather significant upgrade by the time TESVI comes out. I'm sure it won't come out until we're at least a couple years into the next generation of consoles, and I'm sure more advanced shaders/lighting will be used to give the visuals a next-gen flair. Depth of field might come into play a bit more prominently, but considering that's an aspect that people are more divisive about (some like their DoF rather heavy, while others like it used more sparingly or not at all), I wouldn't count on seeing DoF akin to, say, Sharpshooter's ENB.

I don't think they will worry about enb, not even a little. I think mainly texture mods like amidian born armors, that have the same resolution as vanilla but are much more desirable, attentions to detail. Same with Climates of Tamriel, Pure Waters and Skyrim Flora Overhaul, despite using more memory. Two mods for me that I think will have their attention is 'SkyBrids' and 'Wet and Cold'.

Bethesda still makes games more or less finnised and then the awesome modding community takes over and creates all the content for free now that's a plan! :biggrin:

Am I alone in being a cynic, I think with a few DLC items, such as house building, and mounted combat being offered by mods, and probably costing thm a few pennies, that we might see a massively delayed Creation Kit, or Initially reduced in effectiveness. I don't go on the Bethesda forums (if beth reps even contribute there) But I can't imagine they're overflowing with praise for a mod community that constantly shows up and exposes their lack luster work.

They did not learn from the modders regarding Hearthfire, This DLC is completely rubbish (hence the low price, I suppose) considering that a modder made an in-game house building kit that is not restrictive to only 3 places and only uses what was in the kit to begin with. It can use any texture, mesh and its associated alpha that is present in the game ages before Hearthfire was available to the public.