SKyrim under Steam

infael

I stopped playing Skyrim, pre-Steam. Today, I decided to fire up Skyrim and am unable to get in under Steam with the Nexus Manager and without. How do I get Nexus running under Steam? I upgraded to the current version today.

I've never launched Skyrim through NMM - I think I may have tried once, and it didn't work for me. So long as you're connected to Steam, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to launch the game, provided you upgraded. What sort of mods do you have enabled? You might have to validate your files through Steam, I'm guessing.

I stopped playing Skyrim, pre-Steam. Today, I decided to fire up Skyrim and am unable to get in under Steam with the Nexus Manager and without. How do I get Nexus running under Steam? I upgraded to the current version today.

There is no such thing as a "pre-steam" Skyrim. Even if you purchased the disc from a reputable dealer then you had, from the time of installation, to connect to Steam to register and run Skyrim.

ALL official updates for Skyrim come through Steam. So I would ask...where did you get your Skyrim and what updates did you install?~Lisnpuppy

I could not understand the problem, Nexus and Steam are unrelated. Starting from NMM is the same as starting directly (with or without SKSE), so probably the game is failing to start normally also.

To be able to help you need to provide more information, the nature of the error, and like already asked, the mods you are using (if any).

For starters, without being connected to Steam at least the first time for the validation, the game will not start really, so until you get the password and complete the connection there is nothing to be done.

Later you may keep Steam offline but not disabled, the game will not run if Steam is not active (yet offline).

Edit to correct the occurrence of Steam misspelled as Steal... :)