Important, please read! Mods getting deserved hits.

carleq2

It does a bit, I know how tags work but never used 'tag search', always tagged my mods for others to use though. I wasn't very clear (I do that a lot), when I said about users messing with tags I meant when authors allow for users to tag their files which can lead it being done incorrectly, or 'tag trolling' which I saw a thread for somewhere on here.

Frankly I don't know why users should be able to tag our mods, say for instance if we overlook this option but i'm guessing this has been talked about already.

I see the tag search has

Armor - Male

Armor - Female

Armor - Shields

So maybe we could see

Armor - CBBE...etc. you know them by now.

Include these in an update so it would upgrade the tag search AND the categories.

Edited by Ironman5000

That's a good idea actually. That would make the effort minimal for the site dev to add those tags, and it'll make finding the right type of mod so much easier for the consumers.

Win/win if you ask me. Good idea Ironman :) small change, huge impact

Ironman5000, on 18 Mar 2013 - 15:33, said:

I see the tag search has

Armor - Male

Armor - Female

Armor - Shields

So maybe we could see

Armor - CBBE...etc. you know them by now.

Well, no.

There are 15 different games with mods hosted here on the Nexus. I believe that you are referring to something that applies to three or four of them, but I don't happen to play those so have no idea what the "well-known" body models might be. :huh:

Tags are created in a way that makes them apply only to the site for a specific game, but would need the exact "titles" that would be the most useful before they could be added. :thumbsup:

Well it's all up there but here is a list of the top body replacer that could do with sub-categories, I am no expert with the lower entries so I think they would need looking into how popular armour mods are for them. If it's like 5 then not worth it.

Skyrim

- Calientes Female Body Mod Big Bottom Edition -CBBE

- DIMONIZED UNP female body

- Better males - Beautiful nudes and faces - New hairstyles (not sure if this is needed for many armour mods though)

- CHSBHC - BBP - Nude and Jiggly Mod (animated body, some armours animate with this)

- UNP BLESSED BODY UNPB - With Optional BBP Breast Physics

Fallout New Vegas

- BEWARE OF GIRL Type 3 HiRez HiDetailed Replacer (Not sure if this is just a hi-res version of DIMONIZED Type3 Body with a FOMM interface)

- Bouncing Natural Breasts

- Breezes New Vegas Males

- DIMONIZED Type3 Body

- Type3M Body Replacer

Fallout 3

- DIMONIZED Type3 Body

- Breezes FO3 Males

- Type V Female Body

- Exnem Nude Female Body Replacer

- BEWARE OF GIRL Type 3 HiRez HiDetailed Replacer

- BABE MK3 Female Body Replacer

Oblivion

- HG EyeCandy Body

- Female EyeCandy Body Replacer

- MaleBodyReplacerV4

- RobertMaleBodyReplacer (same author as above, not entirely sure what difference is)

- Roberts Female Body

- HGEC Body with BBB (has animation)

Morrowind

- Better Bodies (I think this is the only one?)

I know there are body replacers for other games but I can't say how armour dependencies are for them, as I don't play them except for the Dragon Age games but I haven't bothered with body replacers.

Oblivion

- HG EyeCandy Body

- Female EyeCandy Body Replacer

- MaleBodyReplacerV4

- RobertMaleBodyReplacer (same author as above, not entirely sure what difference is)

- Roberts Female Body

- HGEC Body with BBB (has animation)

Instead of those, this would be more accurate:

- Robert's Male

- Robert's Female

- Team Fantasy Figures

- BAB

- Exnem Eyecandy

- HG Eyecandy

Then a completely separate tag for whether or not the meshes are BBB weighted

- Better Bouncing Boobs

Of course, almost all Oblivion armor and clothing is either Robert's or EC/HGEC. I don't know the details of other game's body replacers, but this isn't really information that should be hard to come by, assuming someone is willing to actually either look it up or ask those who know. Its not like these mods aren't basically all hosted here or anything!

There's still some trouble remaining here, even if tags for the specific games get expanded by the body mods mentioned.

Tags =/= (Sub-)Categories

Let's not mix up category browsing and tag searching here. You cannot select tags while browsing a category, and you cannot browse in categories while searching for tags... correct me, if I'm wrong.

Applying proper tags for Robert's Male to an armor mod will not make said mod suddenly appear inside an "Armor > Robert's Male" subcategory or something, even if such subcategory actually did exist.

The inherent trouble here is,

the relation category <=> mod is 1 <=> M, a mod cannot be in >1 category,

whereas the relation tag <=> mod is N <=> M, a mod can have a multitude of different tags at the same time,

tag-relationship cannot be directly translated into (sub-)category-relationship as long as a mod can always only be in a single category.

Be careful not to mix this up here.

In an ideal world, Categories would be eliminated in favor of thoroughly tagged files.

This, sadly, is not an ideal world.

I think that authors should not be able to 'publish' their mods unless and until they have set tags. I have no idea if this could be coded, but it would solve a hell of a lot of problems, with new mods at any rate.

There's still some trouble remaining here, even if tags for the specific games get expanded by the body mods mentioned.

Tags =/= (Sub-)Categories

Let's not mix up category browsing and tag searching here. You cannot select tags while browsing a category, and you cannot browse in categories while searching for tags... correct me, if I'm wrong.

Applying proper tags for Robert's Male to an armor mod will not make said mod suddenly appear inside an "Armor > Robert's Male" subcategory or something, even if such subcategory actually did exist.

The inherent trouble here is,

the relation category <=> mod is 1 <=> M, a mod cannot be in >1 category,

whereas the relation tag <=> mod is N <=> M, a mod can have a multitude of different tags at the same time,

tag-relationship cannot be directly translated into (sub-)category-relationship as long as a mod can always only be in a single category.

I know what you mean and this process on it's own would muddle things up a bit a bit, adding 12 tags to an armour mod would force it show up in 12 categories. That isn't what I want to happen, instead I am suggesting to code any new armour sub-category tags exclusively so that they would appear in newly added sub-category filters.

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/6084/bob2w.jpg

They would be highlighted, I chose a different colour here, so that users can obviously see that aren't standard tags but 'sub-category filter' tabs.

Alternatively they could introduce a new drop box option when uploading a new file,

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/2598/bob1l.jpg

The new box could appear after selecting Armor or applied how the designer sees fit, eitherway it would be ideal to have an option to select the sub-category after choosing armour.

If the latter option was applied then they could still use the new tags feature to improve the tag search only.

As I said before i'm no web designer so I don't know how difficult this would be to put together but the concept is actually very simple and would not cause any kind of cluttering or confusion for both authors and users.

I think that authors should not be able to 'publish' their mods unless and until they have set tags. I have no idea if this could be coded, but it would solve a hell of a lot of problems, with new mods at any rate.

Yes, I agree.

Categories could be replaced by...lets call them "Tag Groups". If you want to search all armor mods, you search the "armor" Tag Group, that would return all mods tagged with any armor related tag, regardless of gender or body type.

Of course this is, again, not really feasible at this point.