⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

How to select the new colour for my new set of armour

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. Use it as it is as you never edit a normal texture as you use the base texture and convert it to a normal if you make a new texture only.

I guess it is possible to make a normal by hand, but then you most likely need to be a damn good texturer and I do not think anyone have tried it. I do make some special normal maps if I do want a flat surface, but I still generate it from something that then is flat.

So copy the original fur and leather _n.dds files to DimiFurWhatever_n.dds

Could you provide a screenshot?? Also show the mesh in Nifscope at a Screenie and maybe even provide the textures? That would make things easier... Also type the path's to the textures

Edited by Pellape

Could you provide a screenshot?? Also show the mesh in Nifscope at a Screenie and maybe even provide the textures? That would make things easier... Also type the path's to the textures

Nevermind that. The problem was with the program I was using. I had to export the file, not save it.

There is another problem, one last I think. Part of the head is exceeding the helmet, as it is happening with some other mods.

Gimp I guess. It can only save files in Gimps own format, the xcf format - All other formats must be exported

I can't help you with problem 2 as that is very odd if you only made a new texture for it or did you change anything else in that mesh??

Edited by Pellape

Gimp I guess. It can only save files in Gimps own format, the xcf format - All other formats must be exported

I can't help you with problem 2 as that is very odd if you only made a new texture for it or did you change anything else in that mesh??

No, I did not change anything. Is there anything in the process that I am missing? As I said, I used the original fur helmet, not anything new.