NMM bug fix release and download hacking problems fixed

Dark0ne

In response to post #7640888. #7641098, #7641189 are all replies on the same post.

So do you guys think that the file was uploaded somewhere onto the Nexus server, or are those download servers simply being rerouted to an external source to download THAT file?
So I was downloading all the mods I wanted for Fallout 3, and did that manually because some things download faster in my browser than in the NMM. So I later return o the site and boom! "NMM Bug fix and hacking problems fixed"...ones that affect manual downloads. Nearly put a stop to my happy day... Hope you guys get this sorted out, but we can't blame you if people are dumb and execute such a file. Good luck! :smile:

Edited by Guest

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #7641419. #7641473 is also a reply to the same post.

Yeah, it was Salt Lake 2.

Can't reproduce it though, I downloaded Nexus_Downloader.exe that one time but half a minute later the server functioned normally and I downloaded the mod from it. I tried to download from it now but it either times-out or works just fine.

In response to post #7641419. #7641473, #7641564, #7641618 are all replies on the same post.

I've been downloading all night from saltlake 2, dallas and washington servers...I haven't updated to the NMM 44 patch yet so...has it infected the NMM itself or just the server downloads?

In response to post #7641597.

not here. i been doing NMM and manual downloads all night BUT I haven't updated to NMM 44 yet. So far all my downloads have validated as correct files. Only got ONE executable and that was my OWN file since I accidentally deleted it off my computer.

In response to post #7641419. #7641473, #7641564, #7641618, #7641634 are all replies on the same post.

I posted about this in response to someone below, mediafire found nothing either, but it's still there, and this is months now. doesn't happen for every d/l, so it appears to be random but it's not. Suggest you get some expert advice and send a warning out by email to all nexus users. Would be very interesting to know if you had done a reformat and it still happened, and the user was also clean, how would the attack be happening? No one has been able to explain that one to me yet.

Sorry this has happened to you guys, good luck getting it sorted.

P.S in my case it was a fake UK police notice, is the one here FBI only and is it only targeting North American users? This type of attack renders the users PC/laptop useless until it's cleaned so until anyone infected can report via another clean machine or they clean the infected one you won't know I guess.

Edited by Roach75

In response to post #7641419. #7641473, #7641564, #7641618, #7641634, #7641653 are all replies on the same post.

@Roach75 It's not affecting only users from North America, I live in Croatia (Europe) and I still got the FBI notice. Kinda funny one too, it requires you to pay a fine or serve your sentence, as in literally. XD

@Thorne67 I assume it only affected file servers so I guess downloading NMM update shouldn't be a problem. Not 100% sure though.

In response to post #7641419. #7641473, #7641564, #7641618, #7641634, #7641653, #7641728 are all replies on the same post.

Hah! Now I see why Salt Lake 2 never worked for me latelly (crashed with some php-ish error report). The whole week I couldn't get anything downloaded from that server, but then I was fortunate since I never downloaded that Nexus_Downloader.exe.

Good luck everyone, but I think that reformating the PC is kinda too drastic, before that try to use a previous system restore point.

Thanks for informing the community immediately. Unfortunately this kind of malware can block the entire system, even when trying to remove it in save mode. I experienced similiar scam here.

Malwarebytes, btw., with essential features is freeware and worth to run and update it regularly.

Edited by zcul