NMM bug fix release and download hacking problems fixed

Dark0ne

In response to post #7639494.

they may be angry with this site for some reason. i see alot of very hateful comments about the nexus sites on you tube lately. i hope they realize however that hacking is a Fellony, plus a long prison sentence. its not a proper way to get anytype of reveange, its just plain wicked and i hope they get caught and arrested whoever it is. hackers are Real Jerks. i just got a virus from the nexus.exe file myself,i opend it by mistake trying to remove it. they should relize they are hurting peoples computers allver theworld and can get in seriouse trouble for it. Edited by TheTaleofTrainMagic

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #7635205. #7636326, #7636511, #7637460, #7637758, #7638512, #7638569 are all replies on the same post.

Yes, the hack was uploaded externally, not through the Nexus. But you see, if they ban the upload of .EXE, they will report it in a post like this one, and everyone will know: I was just given an .EXE file for download all though they're not allowed! Must be a virus.And yes, a 100k file for a 30mb file is suspicious, but hey, not everyone thinks ahead...(plus some people are down-right stupid, sorry, don't mean to offend.). @ Tylee13: No, compressed file would not be scanned for .EXE, so they could still be uploaded. So, no actual loss at anything, just about a minute more to install a mod that involves .EXEs. But for that extra security, I think it'd be worth it.On a side note, anyone else in Germany (or Europe in general) getting this? Edited by Guest

Yeah I unfortunately succumbed to it (first time using site today) off a manual download. This thing is brutal! Scared the crap out of me too, thought it was legit until I saw they wanted money. Spent about 3 hours trying different things, nothing's working... So yeah watch out for that nexus.exe

I just tried to download with manager and I was met with it.

Sorry false alarm I should have read the above statement better since it affects Manuel and the not download with manger option. At least I hope.

Edited by bobthelost

So after installing nexus mod manager 0.44.4 I've got one of those pesky errors that we had a little while back. The NMM is crashing after renaming a file, so far it doesn't matter which file.

Another problem I've had is when installing a larger mod (Qarl's Texture pack for Oblivion is what I had been having problems with) would not install, but more to the point it would start using up all of my system memory. So it was using 6 gigs of free memory and still wouldn't start installing.

This last one isn't too big but, I have my download locations set to US east coast, however the majority of the downloads are being sent from either a central US server or a west coast server. The only reason I bring this up is only because when downloading from a east coast server I'm getting about 145 kb/s while downloading from the central/west server I'm getting 70 kb/s.

Sorry if I'm not really supposed to post this here, just point me in the right direction for next time.