NMM bug fix release and download hacking problems fixed

Dark0ne

In response to post #7634639. #7634687 is also a reply to the same post.

I doubt it was a basement hacker that did this. It was likely a small organisation.If it had been a basement hacker, they'd have been more easily caught as I doubt that they could have set up 'smoke screens' in time alone.Though of course it is possible that nobody even noticed the hacking in time to even begin to find the culprit. Edited by AvengerJikir

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've tried to download the uncapper file from the San Jose server 10 times now. Every time I got the correct file. If people are STILL (from this point on) getting this problem please let me know, giving as much detail as possible (your browser, the file you're downloading, what file server you're downloading from and what time and time zone you're in).

I'm using Macaffee, norton, comodo free and avg.. the 2 main ones are paid for but I only "use" them with finished downloads to actually scan for virii. Comodo is always active as it takes the least memory usage. I used to be an avid avg user but... soo much memory consumption and the same with MSE.. not TOO bad but still slows MY single core 1g ram considerably. Edited by Thorne67

In response to post #7635843. #7636268 is also a reply to the same post.

Death Valley, California. Current time is 12:30 pm and even though I'm in california i've never got a properly correct download from the san jose server. I am only able to use dallas, washington and salt lake 2. All other servers for me give me incomplete downloads even on just text files. That's fine though the primary 3 for me are excellent and many thanks n blessings to the team.I find it "odd" to see that the link ya'll are using is "the FINAL family" with "eraser of the final" and I forgot what the old basic english translation of the other 2 names were..first wife was 30 years ago. I tend to stay away from the spanish speakers since then. Edited by Thorne67

In response to post #7635723.

Actually I'm starting to think it was one or more of the ones who were beatching about the LAST few updates destroying the game. Hey... why not blame the community instead of myself for bein a dumbarse and backing up my stuff.

In response to post #7635843. #7636243 is also a reply to the same post.

Just tried manual download from this link as reported previously below:
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/20915

and got nexusloader.exe

Second try got correct file

Server: San Jose
Time Zone: PDT (California)

Firefox 19.02, cache is cleared every time I close my browser.

If you have forward caching of these servers then the file may still be sitting in the cache of the server or some proxy server in the infrastructure. Just some thoughts.

Also not detected as virus by Symantec Corporate Edition 12.1.2015.2015

In response to post #7634715. #7634787, #7635112, #7635147, #7635536 are all replies on the same post.

it showed up on MY comodo... then again i have it set to do hourly update checks instead of the once a week/month checks. Said it may be some possible worm thing tho. Edited by Thorne67